JEE Main 2019 Eligibility - Attempts, Age Limit and Qualification
Published on : 8th November 2017 Author : Tanvi Mittal
The National Testing Agency has not released the official JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria yet. However, you can take a look at the previous year’s ‘Information Bulletin’ at the JEE Main official web portal and understand the eligibility criteria before filling in the online application form from the 1st September 2018.
To make things easier for you, the team at Exams Planner has drawn the eligibility of the JEE Main exam 2019 according to the already announced bulletin.
JEE Main Exam 2019 Eligibility:
- Indian citizens, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & foreign national candidates can apply.
Age Limit –
- Candidates who have been born on or after 1st October 1994 are eligible for the test.
- There is a 5-year age limit relaxation for the reserved category candidates. Students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories should have been born on or after 1st October 1989.
Education Qualification –
Candidates Who Hold Diploma
Such candidates can only for admission in IITs
Minimum Marks Required for Admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
75% (65% for SC/ST) in the 12th exam or be in top 20 percentile of the respective boards
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Exam
Passed the 12th exams in 2017 or 2018
Candidates appearing in the 12th exam in 2019 can apply
Who Can’t Apply
Those who have appeared in the 12th exam in 2016, did not pass in 2016 but passed in 2017 are not eligible
Have taken the test in 2016 or before
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.
Number of Attempts -
- An aspirant can attempt thrice for the exam.
- It is the same for all the candidates irrespective of their categories.
Name of the Equivalent Examination to Appear in JEE Main -
- 12th Board Examination
- Intermediate or 2 Year Pre-University Examination of a Board/University
- National Institute of Open Schooling or NIOS Senior Secondary Examination
- The examination of any school/board/university in the foreign country recognized by Associate Of Indian Universities (AIU)
Number of Subjects in Class XII or Qualifying Examination -
- In order to write the JEE MAIN 2019 exam, the applicants must have taken 5 subjects in the qualifying examination, i.e. Class 12th.
- Anyone who has opted for 4 subjects would not be allowed to apply for the exam.
- Providing wrong information while filling in the online form would further result in the cancellation of their candidature.
No of Attempts and Age Limit for States of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha -
- As the three states, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined the JEE (Main) system since 2014, the number of attempts and the age limit will be as per the past practice.
Reservation Criteria -
- Non-Creamy Layer OBC: 27%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- PwD with 40% or more Disability: 3%
Improvement Exam -
- If a candidate has passed the Class 12th/ equivalent exam in 2018 but is taking an improvement exam in 2019 for a few subjects, in such case the top 20 percentile marks of 2018 will be considered.
- If he is taking an improvement exam for all the subjects, the highest aggregate marks of the two years will be considered.
Aadhar Card Criteria -
- Without an Aadhar Card, the candidates will not be able to apply for the exam. They should have one issued by the UIDAI to apply for the JEE Main 2019 exam.
- The candidates from Assam, Meghalaya, and Jammu & Kashmir are not required to fill any Aadhar Card details in their applications. However, they are required to give their Passport Number/ Ration card details/ Bank account number or any other identity details.
- The applicants must ensure that their Aadhar Card details are valid and match with Name, Date of birth, Address and other details. In case, there are some mistakes in the card, candidates should get it corrected immediately. JEE Main Applications with the wrong Aadhar details will be rejected.
- 12 Effective Tips to Help You Crack JEE Main
- NTA JEE Main Complete Syllabus
- NTA JEE Main Study Materials - Best Preparation Books
- JEE Main 2019 rank predictor
- JEE Main 2019 college predictor
- JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
- JEE Main Mock Test
- JEE Main 2019 cut off marks
- Best Chemistry books for IIT JEE preparation