ICHR Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) Scholarship for Ph.D. Programs
Published on : 04 Jul 2018
The ICHR (Indian Council of Historical Research) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development has invited applications from the students enrolled in the Ph. D programmes to award JRF (Junior Research Fellowships). The scholarship will be awarded through the entrance exam which is scheduled to be held on 11th March 2018.
The last date to apply for the ICHR Scholarship for Ph. D programmes is 14th January 2018.
The last date to send the print copy of the applications submitted online is 24th January 2018.
Scholarship Reward: Fellowship amount of ₹ 17,600 per month + a contingency grant of ₹ 16,500 per annum for the duration of 2 years.
ICHR Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||14 Jan 2018|
|Class / Course||Pursuing Ph.D. Programme in History and Related Subjects|
|Scholarship Type||Post Graduate, Ph.D|
|Awarded Amount||Fellowship amount plus a Contingency Grant|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the ICHR Scholarship 2018
- Those students who will be selected for the benefits under the scholarship will receive the ₹ 17,600 per month.
- The period of the scholarship grant will be 2 years. If a candidate performs brilliantly, then on the recommendations of the Research Project Committee the period of the scholarship will be extended for one more year.
- A student will also be able to avail the additional contingency grant of ₹16,500.
- The total number of the scholarships is 80. The principle of the reservation will be applicable to the total number of the scholarship grant.
Eligibility for the ICHR Scholarship 2018
The applicant should be enrolled in the Ph. D programmes in History and allied subjects from any recognized university.
Application Procedure ICHR Scholarship 2018
- Interested students can apply for the scholarship by visiting the ICHR website i.e. www.ichr.ac.in.
- Candidates belonging to the General Category should pay the examination fee of the ₹ 200. It should be paid in the form of the DD paid in favour of the DDO, ICHR (payable at Delhi).
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category of SC/ST / PwD are not charged any examination fee. They are completely exempted from paying any fee.
- Candidates should submit the hard copies of the filled-in application form along with the following documents to the ICHR –
- Date of birth copy
- Self-attested copies of the educational qualification certificates
- Experience certificate
All the above-mentioned documents should be sent to the following address -
Indian Council of Historical Research,
No. 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001
Note – It should be noted that the applicant should send the hard copy of the application with the unique application id number. Without it, applications will not be accepted.
Subscribe Now for ICHR Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.