National Overseas Scholarship 2017-18 Dedicated to ST Students
Published on : 13 Jul 2018
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has released an official notification for the overseas scholarship 2017. Those Scheduled Tribe students who want to pursue Masters level course/ Ph. D programmes/ Post-doctoral research abroad can avail benefits under this scholarship.
ST Overseas Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Dec 2017|
|Class / Course||Master & Doctoral Programs, Masters Programme, PHD|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Ph.D|
|Awarded Amount||Variable Rewards|
|Age Limit||35 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the ST Overseas Scholarship 2017
- The selected candidates are given living expenses of USD 15,400 annually for pursuing any course in the US Universities. For studying in the UK Universities, students can avail USD 9,900 annually.
- Students are also given an annual Contingency Fund to meet any miscellaneous expenses. For studying in the US, students can get up to USD 1532 annually. And for pursuing studies in the UK, they can get USD 1116 annually.
- Visa fee and Poll tax are also paid by the Ministry.
- In addition, tuition fee, travelling expenses, and medical insurance are also paid.
Eligibility for the ST Overseas Scholarship 2017
Annual Family Income – An applicant’s annual family income should not exceed ₹ 6 lakhs.
Age Limit – An applicant should not be more than 35 years of age by 1st July 2017.
Educational Qualifications –
- For Masters Degree – A candidate should have a minimum score of 55% marks in the Bachelors or equivalent course. In addition, he/ she should have a working experience of minimum 2 years.
- For Ph. D Programmes – A candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 55% marks. Also, the candidate should have done M. Phill of at least 2 years in the relevant subject or should have an experience of teaching or research.
- For Post-doctoral Research – A candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 55% marks in the Post-doctoral research. He/ she should also have an experience of teaching/ research of minimum 5 years in the relevant subject/ topic.
How to Apply
- Register as a new user here.
- After getting registered successfully, login to the website using the username/id and password.
- Fill out all the details mentioned in the application.
- It is needed for the candidate to provide his/her e-mail id, aadhaar card number and mobile number in the application form
- Along with these details, attach documents such as; date of birth proof, Caste certificate from the competent authority, academic degrees/Diplomas/Certificate and their mark-sheets, Original Income certificate.
- Do a run through after filling the film and then finally click on ‘Submit’
Subscribe Now for ST Overseas Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.