PSEB Class 12th Result 2020 Declared - Steps to Download
Published on : 21st July 2020 Author : Himanshu Basant Bhatt
21st July 2020: The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) has announced the class 12th result today i.e. 21st July 2020 at 11 AM. A total of 2,86,378 students have appeared for the Punjab Board class 12th examination 2020 and out of this 2,60,547 students have passed the exam. The pass percentage for this year’s exam is 90.98 per cent. The exams were scheduled to be held from 3rd to 30th March 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, few papers were cancelled by the board. Thus, this year, the board has followed a new assessment formula for declaring the result. If a student had appeared in four papers, then the average of the best three subjects is awarded for the paper which got cancelled.
Candidates who have appeared for the exam can check the result on the official website - http://www.pseb.ac.in. Candidates can check the result using their roll numbers as well as their names. Last year the result was announced on 11th May 2019. Thus, candidates must keep the required details ready for checking the result.
PSEB 12th Result 2020 - Important Dates
PSEB 2020 Events
PSEB Class 12th Examination 2020
3rd to 30th March 2020 (some papers got cancelled due to COVID-19)
21st July 2020
Steps to Check the PSEB Class 12th Result 2020
The PSEB 12th result is available on the official website. Candidates can follow the steps provided below to check the result:
- Go to the official PSEB website - http://www.pseb.ac.in.
- Click on ‘Result’ menu at the top to the website.
- Click on the link for class 12th result - ‘Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination Provisional Result March 2020 (Vocational stream included)’.
- Enter the details asked for and submit them.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check it, download it, and get a print.
Candidates can also check the Punjab Board Class 12th Result 2020 at third party websites viz. www.indiaresults.com or www.examresults.net.
PSEB Class 12th Toppers
The board will not release toppers’ list (merit list) this year as some papers got cancelled. Here are some other details related to the PSEB 2020 result:
- The girls have outperformed the boys with a recorded pass percentage of 94.83 while the pass percentage for boys is 90.99.
- Rural area students have recorded a pass percentage of 93.39 and the urban area students have a pass percentage of 91.96.
Stream-wise pass percentage for the PSEB class 12th Result 2020 is - 94.82% (Science), 91.05% (Commerce), 92.87% (Arts), and 88.81% (Vocational).
Registration for the Result
The board had also provided the facility to register for the exam. The candidates who had registered at the official website will get their result on their registered mobile number. Here is the detailed registration process:
- Go to the official website - http://www.pseb.ac.in/.
- Click on the ‘Result’ tab on the home-page.
- You will see the ‘Register Here’ sections for both the results.
- Under the ‘Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination Result March 2020’, fill the required details.
- Enter your roll number, name, mobile number, email ID, and select your stream.
- Click on the ‘Go’ button.
- You will see a message on the screen for successful registration.
PSEB Class 12th Supplementary Exam 2020
Candidates who do not secure the passing marks in any of the subjects are required to appear for the supplementary exam. The supplementary examination will be tentatively conducted in the month of August and the result for the same will be released in September/October 2020. Candidates must keep a check on the official website for updates.
PSEB Class 12th Digital Marksheet 2020
Students will be provided digital mark sheet which can be accessed from the official website. The digital mark sheet will have all details such as roll number, father’s name, mother’s name, stream, category, marks in each subject, overall grade, result status, etc. Candidates must check out the complete information regarding digital mark sheet on the official website.