NSP Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2020-21 – Apply And Avail The Benefits
Last Updated : 01 Oct 2020
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India has recently launched the online scholarship program known as NSP Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities. Under this scheme, the organizing committee is all set to invite applications from the students of Class 1 to 10 of minority communities for NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2020-21. The scholarship aims to encourage parents of minority communities to send their kids to school by helping them to fund the school education of their children and by supporting the efforts of educating their children. Selected scholars will be benefited with several cash rewards and other additional benefits.
NSP Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Oct 2020|
|Class / Course||Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8, Class 9, Class 10|
|Scholarship Type||School Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Admission fee, tuition fee, maintenance allowance|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The application window for NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2020-21 is live now and will remain open until 31st October 2020. Check for all major updates of the scheme including eligibility, dates, benefits, application process, and other details.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme - Available Benefits
Selected students will receive the following benefits:
- Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum.
- The tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Class 1 to 5.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Hostellers): INR 600 per month for Class 6 to 10.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Class 6 to 10.
Important Dates For NSP Pre-Matric Scheme for Minorities 2020
Below you can find the important dates section for the fellowship scheme:
Beginning of the application process
16th August 2020
Last date to apply
31st October 2020
Last date for defect verification
15th November 2020
Last date for institute verification
15th November 2020
NSP Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2020-21: Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates can find the complete set of eligibility norms for the scheme as under:
- Must be studying in Class 1 to 10 from any recognized board.
- Must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Must have a family income of not more than INR 1 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Must belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis).
How To Apply For The NSP Pre-Matric Scheme for Minorities?
In order to apply for the scheme, applicants needs to pursue the following steps to successfully complete the application.
- Visit the official web portal of National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on the “Fresh Application” tab and complete the registration.
- For successful registration, enter all the essential information including Email id, DOB, and other personal details.
- After registration, login with your communicating details and fill the application form.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Submit Now' button.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Documents Required To Submit
The applicants are required to attach the following documents -
- Domicile Certificate
- Self-certified community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority in the State/UT Government
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
Subscribe Now for NSP Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.