SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme 2019 Dedicated to Tamil Nadu Scholars
Published on : 06 Mar 2019
To celebrate the fervor of sports activities in India the astonishing Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu also known as SDAT is offering a fellowship portal named as SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme 2019 for the young dynamic high school or college level players from the Tamil Nadu region. Under the scheme, astonishing sportsperson of the state will receive a fellowship award that is up to ₹ 13,000. As of now, the sum total of 20 outstanding athletes who won the medals at the high school or college level from 01st July 2017 to 30th June 2018 will eligible to send their entries. The organizing committees will shortlist the final list of contestants on the basis of their sports records and performance at Regional, State, and National level. The final submission of the applications for the scheme would be on or before the deadline i.e. 12th March 2019.
SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||12 Mar 2019|
|Class / Course||Class 10, Class 12, College|
|Scholarship Type||Skill Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Fellowship amount worth of ₹ 13,000 per annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme 2019 offers a wide range of opportunities in the arena of sports culture. The key objective to promote and introduce this scheme is to build primitive surroundings for young sportsperson of the country. Through this platform, the Sports Development Authority is working forward in the direction to motivate and inspire youngsters for futuristic sports plan. For the commencing session of SDAT Scholarship Scheme 2019, each person may apply only one of the following sports disciplines listed down below.
- Beach Volleyball
- Table Tennis
- Throw Ball
- Soft Ball Tennis
SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme 2019: Scholarship Rewards
The Sports Development Authority is all set to offer an inventive sporting culture for the enthralling high school or college going apprentices. This year the fellowship rewards of SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme are dispersed into two basic categories such as High School Category Students and College/ University Category Students.
- For High School/ Higher Secondary School Students- ₹ 10,000 per annum
- For College/ University Students- ₹ 13,000 per annum
SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme: Eligibility Criteria
The overall structure of eligibility criteria of Sports Scholarship Program 2019 is mentioning below.
- A participant should be a studying student of High School/ Higher Secondary School/ College or University during the 2018-19 sessions and holds a domicile of Tamil Nadu region.
- Apart from this, he/she should be a Medal winner at the premises of the National School Games performed by the surroundings of National/ SGFI/ Inter-State Championships accomplished by the National Sports Federations or National Level Sports Competitions demeanor by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India under National Games or Khelo India.
- Must have won first three slots in Individual events or secures 1st or 2nd place in Team Games.
- Apprentices belonging to the first year of college or university must obtain National level medals organized by the School Games Federation of India.
- Other than this, an applicant should secure a medal in the All India -University Competitions planned by the Association of India Universities.
- However, only the apprentices who hold a first and second position in the individual events or team games are eligible to apply.
Application Process for SDAT Sports 2019 Fellowship Scheme
In order to submit an online application for the fellowship portal of SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme 2019, an apprentice needs to follow the comprehensive steps governed by the Sports Development Authority. The complete application process is divided into 4 simple steps as follows:
- Step 1: Open the certified website of the fellowship program.
- Step 2: Fill the required information related to Sports discipline, District, Class, DOB etc.
- Step 3: Enter details of Aadhaar card number, Bank details, Bonafide Certificate, and other necessary information.
- Step 4: Finally submit the application form simply by clicking “Register”.
For any query students can directly contact to the organizing committee of SDAT Sports Scholarship in the below mentioning address:
Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu
116 A, Periyar EVR High Road,
Nehru Park, Chennai - 600 084Phone: 044-28364322
What are the Documents Need to be Submitted?
Eligible aspirants have to submit a copy of all important documents as mentioned below-
- Passport Size Photograph
- Merit Certificates of Sports Achievements
- A copy of Bonafide Certificate from School or College
Note: The copy of all scanned images should be uploaded in JPEG/ PDF Format which will up to the size of 2MB. Students have to submit their original documents for verification within the 7 working days to the premises of District Sports and Youth Welfare Officers.
Subscribe Now for SDAT Sports Scholarship Scheme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.