Inlaks Fellowships for Indian Classical Music 2018, Application Form & Eligibility
Published on : 06 Nov 2018
Inlaks Foundation is a charitable organization which is approved under the Charity Commissioners of the United Kingdom. The organization was founded in the year 1976 by Mr Indoo Shivdasani. The major aim of the institution is to identify the talent of the young Indian students and support them economically to enlarge their special skills and talents to the maximum. The organization offers scholarships programs both in India and abroad young, talented students. This is a golden chance for Indian candidates to showcase their talent and grab this opportunity for their studies in the higher level.
Inlaks Fellowships: Quick Overview
|Deadline||08 Oct 2018|
|Class / Course||Music, Vocal Music in Indian Classical Tradition|
|Scholarship Type||Skill Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 1,20,000/- for a period of one year|
|Age Limit||30 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The Inlaks Fellowships scholarship is designed for the students of Indian Classical Music (Hindustani Raag Sangeet and Carnatic Music) to help young vocal musicians to expand their talent and creativity by providing financial assistance. The official notification has been released on the official website of the organization. The last date to submit the application form is 8th October 2018.
Benefits of the scheme:
The fellowship provides a platform for all the interested and deserving applicants across the nation. The candidates are advised to read and understand the benefits of this scholarship for the young vocal musicians as follows:
- The scholarship award is worth of INR 1, 20,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand Only) for a period of one year. Besides this, the selected scholars will get a chance, either of the following two benefits or the combination of the two -
- An opportunity to practice additional training or education with an instrumentalist or a musician (vocalist) other than one's regular guru or with artists of other performing areas.
- A chance to undertake performance-related research (including poetry and language) that enriches their own practice or learning.
Candidates need to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria to take the advantage of Inlaks Scholarships.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen, who is presently living in India and continues his/her practice of vocal music in the Indian classical tradition.
- The applying aspirant if holding a similar government scholarship or award during the same term is not allowed participating in this scholarship program.
- The candidate should be below 30 years of age as on the date 31st December in the year of the application.
How to Apply for Inlaks Fellowships for Indian Classical Music 2018?
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship program online through the following steps-
- Visit the official website and go through the fellowship notification.
- Click on the “Download Application Form” link to download the form.
- The Application form can be filled in either by hand or by type.
- Fill all the required details correctly.
- Attach or upload supporting documents.
- Email the duly filled application form along with the supporting attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – “Indian Classical Music Award 2018”.
- 2 sets of application form
- CV/ Resume in a PDF form
- Recommendation Letters (3)
- Offer letter
- Fee Statement
- Evidence of Birth Date – PAN Card Copy/Aadhaar Card Copy/Driving License
- Audio/Video to be sent as links on any of the following online platform such as artist website/ YouTube/ Sound cloud. If links are password protected, provide the password.
- Writing Samples (if any)
- Photocopy of the first and last page of your passport
- Additional Certificates (extra curriculum)
- The received applications are analyzed and evaluated by the officials and they call the shortlisted candidates for an interview round.
- It usually takes place in Mumbai or Delhi in the month of May or June.
- The interview round is performed in two stages - Preliminaries and Final.
- Candidates short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation.
Official Website: www.inlaksfoundation.org
Subscribe Now for Inlaks Fellowships Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.