Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2021-22: Eligibility, Dates, Apply, Selection
Reliance Foundation has always been supporting India and Indians through its philanthropic initiatives in the field of Education, Health, Sports, Rural Transformation, Disaster Response, Arts, Culture & Heritage, etc. For 2021-22, the organization has offered Reliance Foundation Scholarships to nurture India's 100 brightest UG / PG students. Under this program, eligible students will receive a grant of up to INR 6,00,000 for the duration of their degree.
Reliance Foundation Scholarships Latest Update -
- Reliance Foundation Scholarships is now open for applications.
- Interested students can apply for the scholarship programme on their official page.
- The last date of application is 14th February 2022.
- There is no entry fee to apply.
Reliance Foundation Scholarships
14th February 2022
Class / Course
Under Graduate and Post Graduate
Scroll left or right to view full table
Table of Contents
About the Reliance Foundation Scholarship Program
The Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2021-22 features:
- Nurturing talented Indian youth capable of becoming leaders of tomorrow for the benefit of society.
- Identifying and selecting the deserving students through a rigorous and competitive selection process.
- Providing scholarships based on merit to selected candidates from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Up to 60 UG (Undergraduates) and 40 PG (Postgraduate) scholars will be entitled to the scholarship.
- The total amount of scholarship available throughout the degree programme for undergraduate and postgraduate levels will be up to INR 4 lakhs and 6 lakhs, respectively.
- 80% of the scholarship fund will be granted in advance at the commencement of each academic year to pay for tuition and direct educational expenses. Upon request, the remaining fund will be given to support professional development (conference-related, indirect academic, and personal development expenses).
- Scholars will also be provided additional engagement and development activities (opportunity to attend workshops and talks with leading global experts, take part in internships/mentoring, volunteering programmes, and a strong alumni network). Also, they will join a vibrant community of scholars that will be at the forefront of building a new India.
Reliance Foundation Scholarships: Quick Overview
|Deadline||14 Feb 2022|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates, Undergraduates|
|Scholarship Type||College Level Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||up to INR 6,00,000|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2022 - Eligibility Criteria
- An applicant must be enrolled full-time in the first year of Under Graduate or Post Graduate programme in any of the following subjects:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematics & Computing
- Computer Sciences
- Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- The applicant must meet the following academic criteria:
- For Under Graduate Scholarships: Applicants must have a rank of 1 to 35,000 in the JEE Main (Paper 1) Examination.
- For Post Graduate Scholarships: Applicants must have scored 550 to 1,000 in the GATE Examination. If the applicant didn't attempt GATE, he/she must have a score of 7.5 or above in their Under Graduate CGPA (or % normalized to CGPA).
- Applicants from all Indian institutes can apply, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Open for Indian nationals only.
Reliance Foundation Scholarships - Application Process
- Go to the Reliance Foundation Scholarships page.
- Scroll down and select the ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONNAIRE button.
- From the given options on your screen, select your preference. The options will be:
- FOR UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- FOR UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts and tap SUBMIT button once you are done with the questionnaire.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship after filling out the questionnaire, you will be provided with an email invitation along with log-in information to apply through the Reliance Foundation portal.
- Open the application and enter the below details -
- Personal, academic, and extra-curricular details.
- Two Letters Reference: One attesting to your academic capabilities and another attesting to your leadership traits and character
- Two Essays: Personal Statement and Statement of Purpose
- Once you fill out the application form, upload the documents and submit them.
NOTE: Applications are now open at Reliance Foundation Application Portal and the last date to apply is 14th February 2022 at 11:59 PM IST (Monday).
Below is the list of all the documents that you will need to submit when filling out the application.
- Address proof for the address selected as preferred physical correspondence address.
- A passport size photograph.
- Student ID Card or Bonafide Student Certificate of current institution/college.
- Current Resume
- Mark Sheet of class 10th and 12th Board Examination.
- Mark Sheet of JEE Main Entrance Examination (for Under Graduate Students) | Mark Sheet of GATE Entrance Examination (for Post Graduate Students, if applicable).
- Mark Sheet / Official Transcript of Undergraduate Degree (applicable for Post Graduate Students).
- 2 Reference Letters: Academic and Character.
- Official Disability Certificate
- Experience letter or certificate for work experience/internships.
- Family Income Proof (total household income of 10 lakhs or less).
Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2021-22 - Benefits
- Students enrolled in the Under Graduate programme: Up to INR 4,00,000 throughout the course.
- Students enrolled in the Post Graduate programme: Up to INR 6,00,000 throughout the course.
- The additional benefit includes accessibility to a strong development programme to help them nurture their skills to innovate for social good, like expert interactions, industry exposure, and volunteering prospects.
Reliance Foundation Scholarships - Selection Process
The scholars will be identified and selected through a rigorous and competitive selection process. The selection process involves multiple stages, as suggested below.
- The applicants will be shortlisted based on:
- Their personal information, extra-curricular, and academic details.
- Reference letters
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend the interview.
- After that, the Reliance Foundation will make the final selection of the students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students of any institute in India can apply for the scholarship programme, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Yes, you must be enrolled in one of the enlisted eligible degree programmes before applying for the scholarship.
No, applicants must be in the first year of their degree to be eligible for the scholarship.
Yes, married students can also apply if they fulfil the eligibility criteria.