Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2020 – Eligible for SC, ST, and PwD Students
Last Updated : 12 Jan 2022
The National Fellowship programme for the PwD (Person with Disabilities) has been launched by the Government of India. It is a central government scheme which was launched with the name ‘Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship in 2012’. Along with the PwD candidates, ST and SC applicants are also eligible to enrol under Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2020 and avail scholarship reward in form of Cash Rewards.
This programme aims at facilitating opportunities for the person with a disability to pursue higher education like M. Phil or Ph. D. with high qualifications; they are expected to find a job easily in universities/colleges/institutions. The scheme also introduces them to the new economic order and equips them with the updated knowledge to compete with others.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Jul 2020|
|Class / Course||PHD, M.PHILL|
|Scholarship Type||Disabled Students|
|Awarded Amount||For All Subjects:- ₹ 16,000 per month for initial two years (JRF) and ₹ 18,000 per month for the|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2020 invites meritorious SC, ST, and PWD category students to enrol themselves for the scheme and complete their higher studies including M. Phil or Ph. D. Courses. Read this page and stay updated with the complete fellowship scheme.
Benefits under the National Fellowship for Person with Disabilities
- The total period of the scholarship is 5 years. It should not be extended further in any case.
- The candidates receive the scholarship benefit as the JRF (Junior Research Fellow) for 2 years. After the completion of the 2 years, they are required to submit their research to a committee for evaluation. If the candidate’s work is found satisfactory, he/she is promoted to the SRF (Senior Research Fellow). Then for the rest of the 3 years, candidates can derive the scholarship benefits.
- The benefits of the fellowship programme can be availed from the date of joining the research.
- Those candidates who have been selected for this scholarship cannot avail of any other similar benefit either from the Central/ State government or any other educational bodies like UGC.
- The candidates are given a handsome amount of the scholarship on the monthly basis. In addition, they are also given the benefit of the ‘Contingency’ grant as follows –
- Fellowship grant for students of all subjects is – ₹ 16,000 per month for the initial 2 years. Thereafter, they are given ₹ 18,000 on the monthly basis for the rest of the years.
- Contingency Grant for (Humanities, Commerce and Social Science) is ₹ 10,000 on the annual basis for the initial period of 2 years. Thereafter, they are given ₹ 20,500 on the annual basis for the rest 3 years.
- Contingency Grant for (Science, Technology, and Engineering) is ₹ 12,000 per annum. Thereafter, they are given ₹ 25,000 on the annual basis.
- Students can also avail the benefit of the annual assistance of ₹ 3000 from the host University/ College for meeting the infrastructural expenditures.
- They are also given the HRA allowances benefits as per the governmental norms. They are either given a seat in the hostel for accommodation or else are reimbursed for their living expenses in the form of the HRA.
- The blind/physically handicapped candidates are given ₹ 2000 per month for the reader/escort assistance.
Eligibility Requirement for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2020
- An applicant should belong to the disability category defined by the Government of India.
- He/she should have taken admission in the M. Phil or the Ph. D by completing all the necessary formalities required for the admission. It should be noted that the candidate should have accepted the first offer of the research and should have to get registered within the 2 years of the offer of the research award.
- Students who enrol themselves after 2 years will be perceived as a non-serious student for his/her research, hence would not be eligible for the fellowship.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website, find the right scholarship and download the application form.
- Go through the terms and conditions and start filling the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2020 application form.
- Attach all the documents (copy for DOB certificate, mark sheets, caste certificate, proof of physical disability) mentioned in the form.
- Pay the application fee online itself and click on “Submit”
- Save the form and take a print of it for future use.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2020 – Important Dates
Check the below-guided table to know the important dates of the scholarship scheme:
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Beginning of the application process
12th January 2020
Last date to apply
30th March 2020
Announcement of the fellowship rewards
Subscribe Now for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.