Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 for Central Armed Force
Last Updated : 04 Dec 2020
The NDF (National Defense Fund) has set-up the Prime Minister Scholarship fund in co-operation with the Central Armed Police Force and the Welfare Board. The online application form for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 is open now. With this fund, PMSS (Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme) scholarships will be given to the dependents of the Central Armed Police Force and the Assam Rifles dead personnel.
The aim of this PM scholarship scheme is to grant financial support to the students for pursuing higher technical and professional courses. They are given a monthly stipend and an additional amount to pursue their studies.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Dec 2020|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Female students will be given ₹ 27,000 annually; male students will be given ₹ 24,000 annually.|
|Apply Now||Click here|
For the year 2020, the ministry selects 150 candidates for rewards out of which 50% of the fellowships are reserved for girls. The deadline to submit the online PMSS application form is 05th July 2020.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for RPF/CAPF/RPSF – PMSS Benefits
- The selected female students will be awarded ₹ 27,000 annually.
- The selected male students will be given ₹ 24,000 annually.
- In addition, they will also be given a monthly stipend. The female students will be given ₹ 2250 and the male students will receive ₹ 2000 per month.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 Eligibility Criteria
- An applicant should be enrolled in the professional course of any field like Dental, Medicine, Veterinary, BCA, Engineering, BBA, B. Pharma, Nursing etc.
- He/ she should have a minimum score of 60% marks in the qualifying exams whether in Class 12th/ Diploma/ Bachelors.
- An applicant should be a ward of the retired/ serving/ deceased CAPF or the AR.
- A ward of a disabled CAPF or AR can also apply if the disability has arisen while serving the Government of India.
- A ward of the ex-CAPF or AR is also eligible to apply if his/her guardian has received a Gallantry award.
PM Scholarship – How to Participate in Application Process
Eligible and interested candidates can submit the online PM application form by pursuing the step-by-step guide:
- Visit www.scholarships.gov.in and log-in with your account.
- Create a new account through the sign-up button if you do not have an account already.
- After logging in, look for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme and click on it.
- Find the application form and submit it with all the required details.
- In the Parental/Guardian Occupation option write down; “ CENTRAL ARMED POLICE FORCES/ASSAM RIFLES”
- Fill out the bank and academic details
- Check everything and finally submit the form for verification.
Documents Required to Apply
Since the application process has been commenced via online mode, it is advised to the candidates to prepare the following scanned copies of all supporting documents.
Attach the following documents in pdf/jpeg/jpg format only -
- Certificate of Ex-Servicemen/Ex-Coast Guard Personnel duly signed by ZSB/CG HQ.
- Properly-signed real certificate by the Vice Chancellor/Dean/Principal/Vice Principal/Registrar/Associate Dean/Deputy Registrar/Director/Deputy Director.
- Bank certificate indicating Aadhar card linked with Bank account.
- Date of birth proof.
- Academic mark-sheets of class 12th, graduation, post-graduation (up to the highest education level)
- Copy of Aadhar card.
- Self-certificate/affidavit of ESM.
PM Scholarship Important Dates 2020
Check the important dates of the fellowship scheme:
Beginning of application form
02nd January 2020
Last date to apply
31st December 2020
Last date to submit documents
02nd January 2021 (Tentative)
Disbursement of scholarship
February 2021 (Tentative)
Subscribe Now for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.