Merit Scholarship for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority Students Delhi 2021 (Classes 1st to 12th)
Applications for Merit Scholarship are invited by the Department for the Welfare of SC/ST/OBC/Minority, Government of Delhi. The Merit Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/Minority Students Delhi 2021 is for the students of classes 1st to 12th of all government/ aided/ recognized public schools. Through the scholarship, the government will be providing financial assistance up to 4,500 per annum to meritorious students.
Latest Update - The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st March 2021.
Merit Scholarship for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority Students Delhi: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Mar 2021|
|Class / Course||Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, Class 12|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Up to ₹ 4,500 per annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Last date for application submission
31st March 2021
Scroll left or right to view full table
The candidate must check the following eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have a domicile of Delhi.
- Must belong to the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority community.
- Must be studying in class 1st to 12th in any government/aided/recognized public school.
- Annual family income, not more than 2 lakh.
- Must not be receiving any other scholarship.
Benefits of Delhi Merit Scholarship
Classes 1st to 8th (SC/ ST/ Minorities Categories)
₹ 1,000 per annum. There are no minimum marks criteria.
Classes 6th to 8th (OBC Category)
₹ 600 per annum. 55% to 60% in the previous class.
₹ 720 per annum. More than 60% in the previous class.
Classes 9th to 10th (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority Categories)
₹ 1,620 per annum. 55% to 60% in the previous class.
₹ 2,040 per annum. More than 60% in the previous class.
Classes 9th to 12th (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority Categories)
₹ 3,000 per annum. 55% to 70% of marks in the previous class.
₹ 4,500 per annum. More than 70% of marks in the previous class.
Documents required for applying for the scholarship are:
- Aadhaar Card
- Residence Proof
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Previous class mark sheet
- Bank Details of students
- Fee structure and fee receipt
- Verification letter
- Declaration by parent/ guardian of minority students stating that the student belongs to that particular community.
Candidates can apply for the scholarship online through the e-district portal. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Visit the e-district portal at edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Click the ‘New User’ link on the home-page for registration.
- Complete the registration process.
- Now again login using your user ID.
- Follow the instructions and provide all the relevant details.
- Select the scholarship scheme.
- Upload the required documents.
- Submit the completed application.
Selection Criteria for Merit Scholarship for Delhi Minority Students
The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit.