Young Researchers, Get Ready for SERB Early Career Research Award 2018
Last Updated : 06 Nov 2018
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India offers the Early Career Research (ECR) Award for young research aspirants. The award is for researchers who are in the early stage of conducting researches in fields such as Science and Engineering.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must have a PhD degree in Engineering, Science or M.D. /M.S. in any area of medicine.
- The applicant must hold a position in a recognized academic or R&D institution or National laboratories.
- The candidate should not be older than 37 years. (A relaxation of 3 years for Women/SC/ST/OBC/Disabled candidates)
SERB Early Career Research Award: Quick Overview
|Deadline||14 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Research Students, Engineering|
|Awarded Amount||Research Grant Up to ?50 Lakhs for 3 years|
|Age Limit||37 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Scholarship
- It is a one-time award with a reward of ₹50 Lakhs for 3 years i.e. till the end of the course.
- It covers the cost of manpower and equipment, travel allowance, consumable cost and contingency grant.
How to Apply
- Go to the official website of SERB.
- Complete the registration process.
- Use the username and password to log-in.
- Visit the update profile page, fill the details including the resume and photo.
- Now, click on save.
- Select Menu and go to the ‘Proposal Submission’ option.
- Click on “Early Career Research Award”, followed by clicking on the "Start Submission" button.
- Fill all the necessary details related to the project i.e. title, summary, keywords, objective, expected outcome, and overall budget
- Attach important documents in PDF format.
- Lastly, submit the form.
- An updated Resume /CV
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter duly signed by the Head of Institution
- Date of Birth Proof (i.e. Class 10th Certificate)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- An expert committee formed by the Board will screen the applications and make selections.
- A personal interview round will take place before the final selection.
Terms and Conditions
- In order to terminate a project, the Principal investigator requires informing the SERB through the host institute with valid justifications.
- SERB holds the right to terminate the Early Career Research Award at any stage if not convinced of the project’s progress or if the grant has not been utilized appropriately.
Subscribe Now for SERB Early Career Research Award Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.