IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme 2018 for Class 12th Pass Outs
Published on : 08 Aug 2018
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is for skilled and needy Muslim students who have passed class 12th. It is applicable for students who have successfully taken admission in a well-known University in the current year. With this program, the Islamic Development Bank aims to improve the socio-economic condition of the Muslim community.
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme: Quick Overview
|Deadline||21 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Undergraduates|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||Tuition fee, books, clothing and medical coverage|
|Age Limit||24 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
A student is eligible for the programme if he/she meets the following criteria:-
- Must have at least scored 70% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics in class 12th (SSSC) exams.
- Must have taken admission for a 4-5 years undergraduate programme in an identified University.
- Must not be more than 24 years of age.
- Must belong to a low-income family that cannot afford higher education.
- Must be committed to serving his or her committee.
*Note: - Candidates from Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu must have scored at least 80% in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
- Students wishing to pursue Law must have a minimum score of 60% in English and other optional subjects.
Benefits under the Scholarship
The scholarship program offers the following benefits:-
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipends
- Books and Clothing allowance
- Medical coverage from public or university-sponsored hospitals
How to Apply
- Download the application form from here.
- Fill up all the required details.
- Attach the latest photograph on the form.
- Upload all the important documents.
- Take a print out of the form.
- Send/Post it to: -
Muslim Education Trust
E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave
- Self-attested copies of class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Self-attested copies of class 10th and 12th certificates
- Self-attested copy of class 10th date of birth certificate
- A copy of college/university admission proof
- A copy of annual family income certificate
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in class 12th (SSSC) exams.
- Short-listed applicants will be called for an interview in their respective state’s centre/ Skype video conference.
- After the interview, a state-wise merit list will be prepared to contain each student’s academic performance, financial need, and commitment towards the Islamic community.
- Each student will be marked out of 100 marks out of 70% will be 12th scores, 20% will be a financial need and 10% will be Islamic knowledge and commitment.
- The Scholarship Division, IDB, Jeddah will then short-list or select students.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant selected in Top 10 universities (as per MHRD) will get preference.
- Also, applicants joining degree courses after Diploma are not eligible for the scholarship
- Each candidate has to agree with the IDB conditions and sign a bond.
- The approved Bachelor’s degree programs under IDB’s scholarship are:-
- Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Law (BA + LLB)
- Nursing and Biotechnology
Subscribe Now for IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.