Central Sector Scholarship 2018 for Fresh Class 12th Pass Outs
The Central Board of Secondary Education invites fresh as well as renewal application from Indian students. Under the Central Sector Scholarship (CSS), meritorious students who are pursuing graduation and post graduation receive financial help. There are a total of 82,000 scholarships available under this scheme, out of which 41,000 are for girls and 41,000 for boys.
Students can apply for it through the National Scholarship Portal.
Central Sector Scholarship 2018 Latest Notification: The closing date to submit applications for the Central Sector Scholarship is 31st October 2018. Stay tuned to Exams Planner to get more information regarding result-announcement and other events.
Central Sector Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Oct 2018|
|Class / Course||Post Graduates, Undergraduates, Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||₹ 1,000 to ₹ 2,000 per month|
|Age Limit||18 - 25 Years|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Application Process Starts (Fresh and renewal applications)
23rd July 2018
Application Process Ends (Fresh Applications)
31st October 2018
Application Process Ends (Renewal Applications)
31st October 2018
Scroll left or right to view full table
It is necessary to check the eligibility criterion before applying for the scholarship.
- The student must be an Indian citizen.
- An applicant must have passed the class 12th examination of CBSE, ISE or any other state boards of India.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 80% of marks in class 12th.
- The student must have taken admission in a recognized Indian Institute for a full-time undergraduate course.
- An applicant’s annual family income must be ₹6 lakhs or less.
- The candidate must not be availing any other scholarship.
Reservation for CSS Scheme 2018
Reservations for the various categories are as follows: -
- 15% for Scheduled Castes (SC)
- 7.5 % for Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- 27 % for Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- 5 % for Physically Handicapped / Persons(s) with Disabilities (PwDs) in all the categories.
Benefits under the Scholarship
Selected applicants receive the scholarship reward in a 3:2:1 ratio. The ratio is applicable for students from science, commerce, and humanities in the following way: -
- Graduates receive ₹1,000 per month for a period of 3 years.
- Post Graduates will get ₹2,000 monthly for two years.
- Applicants get ₹1,000 for the first three years and ₹2,000 for the 4th and 5th year.
How to Apply
Read all the guidelines before starting to fill up the online application form. The aspiring candidates can only apply for the scheme via online mode.
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal for new and renewal scholarships.
- Check the application form and submit it before 31st October 2018.
Students need to enclose the following documents with the application form: -
- Annual family income certificate
- Class 12th mark sheets
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Signed Admission Letter of the undergraduate course
Terms and Conditions
Don't forget to go through all the terms and conditions. The conditions for the CSS scheme are: -
- The eligible students need to confirm within 15 days of notification that whether or not they are willing to accept the scholarship.
- A student gets the reward amount only after he/she shows willingness.
- Submit documents such as; Statement of Particulars, Entitlement Card and Income Affidavit to the Head of the Institute in which the student took admission.
- After receiving the documents, the board makes a list of beneficiaries based on merit, eligibility and reservation criteria. This list is passed on to the National Scholarship Division of MHRD.