DRDO Scholarship 2020, Great Opportunity for Girls Students
Published on : 09 Jul 2020
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) introduces fellowship program known as “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls” through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB). The scholarship is open for meritorious girl candidates who want to pursue an engineering degree in Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. The scholarship scheme is initiated with an objective to tap the talent of bright students across the country.
Similar like every year, this year also, the application window for DRDO Scholarship Scheme 2020 is going to open on 19th July and will remain open till 30th September 2020. Interested candidates are advised to apply online for the scheme and avail the eligible benefits for higher studies.
DRDO Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||30 Sep 2020|
|Class / Course||B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, B.E., B.Sc, ME, M.Sc in Engineering field|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Upto ₹ 1,86,000 per Annum|
|Apply Now||Click here|
More About DRDO Scholarship 2020
Recruitment of Assessment Centre of DRDO, Government of India invites online scholarship applications from the Girls aspirants studying in the first year of UG or PG courses under “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls in Aeronautical Engg / Aerospace Engg / Space Engg / Rocketry / Aircraft Engg/ Avionics”. Candidates can submit their applications through RAC official website - rac.gov.in. Interested students keep a note that they are eligible to submit their online applications till 30th September 2020. Scroll down this page, to know the complete information about the eligibility pattern, vacancies, dates and application process of the scholarship scheme.
Through the DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2020, shortlisted students will be benefited with the amount of ₹ 1.2 lakh per annum (₹ 15,500 per month). However, the total available seats for the fellowship program are only 30.
Benefits of DRDO Scholarship 2020 –
Under the DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls, shortlisted students will be benefited with the following scholarship amount:
- For Undergraduate Students (BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc. Engg) – ₹ 120000 per year or annual fees whichever is less for a maximum period of four years.
- For Postgraduate Students (ME/ M.Tech/ M.Sc. Engg) – ₹ 15500/- per month subject to ₹ 186000/- per year for a maximum period of two years.
- Number of scholarships – 20 seats for UG level and 10 seats for PG level.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Here we have provided you with the eligibility pattern for both undergraduate and postgraduate level of the scheme:
For Undergraduate Scholarship Programme -
- Applicant must be holding an Indian Citizenship.
- Candidate must have got their admission in the 1st year of the current academic year (2020-21) to the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./ B.Sc Engg. Course in the stream of Aerospace Engineering, Aircraft Engineering, Avionics, Aeronautical Engineering, Space & Rocketry Engineering.
- A candidate should have cleared the JEE (Main) exam and have a valid score for the same.
For Postgraduate Scholarship Programme –
- Applicant should be enrolled in the first year of the relevant M.E/ M. Tech/ M.Sc Engg. Courses in the relevant discipline at the time of application.
- Must have scored 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.75 in graduation degree.
- An applicant must hold a valid GATE score.
Additional Criteria –
Students who are pursuing the dual degree course / integrated master degree in the above-mentioned subjects also apply for first four years as applicable for B.Tech degree course under the above scheme subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements.
- Candidates should be in possession of Essential Qualifications and should have JEE (Main) and GATE valid score” for B.Tech and M.Tech respectively. The prescribed Essential Qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not guarantee the scholarship.
- The scholarship scheme is free from any bond obligation. However, the scholars of the programme will have to do their major final year project work preferably at DRDO/ Govt. Labs or in AR&DB funded projects in any institutions during their course work.
Check complete criteria of the given scholarship here.
What are the Steps for Application?
To apply for the scholarship, a candidate need to follow the steps, provided below:
- Visit the official RAC website.
- Now, on the homepage click on the ‘Online application form’ link under View Advertisement section.
- A new registration page will open on your screen, where you will need to complete your registration process.
- After the completion of the registration process, fill the application form by entering all your Personal, Educational, and Contact details in the prompted field.
- In the next step, applicants need to upload scanned images of important documents which are as follows:
- Aadhaar Card (max 500 KB)
- Proof of admission (max 500 KB)
- Recent passport size color photograph (max. size 50 KB)
- Certificate from Institute (max 500 KB)
- Fees details (max 500 KB)
- A printout of the finally submitted/Locked online application for reference.
- Finally, click on Submit button and lock the form.
Selection Process of the Scheme:
- First-year Undergraduate (B.E./ B. Tech./ B.Sc. Engg.) – Students will be shortlisted based on the merit scores of JEE Main 2020. Apprentices without a valid JEE Main Scorecard will not be considered.
- First-year Postgraduate (M.E./ M. Tech./ M.Sc. Engg.) – Scholars will be shortlisted based on the valid GATE score on merit basis. Students who don’t have a valid GATE Scorecard will not be considered.
Candidates must note that, during the period of scholarship, Postgraduate and Undergraduate scholars are required to pass all the examination which may be prescribed by the Institutions. More than this, they need to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 7.00 or 70% marks in each semester exams.
Subscribe Now for DRDO Scholarship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.