IGNOU January Session 2019: Re-Registration Date Extended
Published on : 3rd January 2019
IGNOU extends the last date for submission of online re-registration date till 15th January.
New Delhi/ 03.01.2019: The Indira Gandhi National Open University extends the last date for submission of online re-registration date till 15th January, for January Session 2019. The online re-registration form is applicable for a few programmes for this particular session including BA, B. Sc, B.Com, BSW and BTS. This means students would re-register in IGNOU academic calendar for next year/ semester of a programme. The re-registration is applicable for persons enrolled in UG/ PG courses of two/ three-year duration. As per the official notification, “Re-registration opened for January-2019 session. The last date for Re-Registration is 15th January 2019.”
The Online Re-Registration System (ORRS) is activated only for the Indian candidates. No foreign students can take advantage of this facility. They can apply in offline mode.
Steps to Re-Register for IGNOU 2019 -
The below steps are illustrated for the India Nationals –
- Goto the - Official website
- Select the link ‘Apply Online Re-Registration Form’
- On the next page, you need to choose the ‘Programme’, provide your ‘Enrolment Number’ and mention the Secure Code as shown on the screen
- And ‘Submit’
The ORRS system makes an effort for the existing learners so that they can submit their applications and receive confirmation for successful submission instantly (through SMS/ Email ID). They can complete the process by remitting the programme fee online through debit cards, credit cards, net banking, etc. They can enrol for 5 academic programmes – Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science, BSW and BTS.
Advantages of Submitting Online Re-Registration Form as Compared to Offline Mode
Students who choose the online registration mode avail themselves some benefits. Check them below –
- Online re-registration is instant. Candidates are intimated immediately about the submission of their applications.
- They receive the confirmation message through email/ SMS instantly.
- Payment of admission fee is also quick and hassle-free. It is done online.
- If the application is rejected due to ineligibility or improper/ misleading details, refund of the fee will be done electronically. It will directly go into the mode of payment (credit card, debit card, net banking, etc.) from which the payment was made.