Know The Facts Before Appearing For GATE Exam 2018
The Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering or GATE exam 2018 is the entrance examination jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science or IISc Bangalore and the seven Indian Institute of Technology on the behalf of the NCB-GATE (National Coordination Board), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
GATE is gateway to the Masters or Doctorate programs in Engineering, Technology and Architecture. GATE 2018 will take place on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11 February in two different slots.
If you are a candidate for the exam, you should know some facts about the exam.
- GATE 2018 is organized by IIT Guwahati.
- There are 23 papers or subjects in this exam.
- One candidate can appear in only one paper in the GATE exam.
- The exam will be a Online Computer Based Test or CBT
- During the online exam, the question paper will contain numeric answers which the candidate has to be keyed in by the virtual keypad. Apart from these, rest of the questions is Multiple Choice Questions or MCQ type.
- The candidate will be provided onscreen calculator during the examination.
- Any candidate can appear for only one paper of the exam.
- There are two slots for the exam; forenoon and afternoon on each day of the exam.
- The exam will be conducted on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th day of February, 2018.
- Some of the papers in GATE exam may be conducted in multiple sessions. But the candidate has to appear for the paper in one session only.
- The application for GATE 2018 was only online. There were no other options like post or email submission of the application.
- The candidate also has to upload all the required documents online during the application form submission process. There is no other way like sending via courier or post or email for the required documents submission.
- The payment for GATE exam is also via online mode only.
- The admit card will be available only on the GOAPS website from 5th January 2018. The candidate has to download the card.
- Every candidate has to appear on the examination hall on the stated date and time on the admit card.
- No request to change the examination hall centre or time will be entertained.
- The banned items to the examination hall of GATE exam are Physical calculator, wrist watch and mobile phone. If the invigilators will find any of these banned items from any candidate in the hall, he or she will be disqualified instantly.
All the decisions of GATE 2018 Committee regarding the GATE exam are final. If you have any more queries for the exam, then you can mail us.