Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students to Study Bachelor Degree; Apply Now
The Sri Lanka Government introduced ‘Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students for the academic year 2017/18 to help international students follow their dreams.
The Sri Lanka Government has brought some great news for international students by introducing ‘Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students for the academic year 2017/18’. This initiative primarily supports foreign nationals who wish to pursue higher studies in Bachelor degree programmes. Indian students too can opt for higher studies in their preferred subjects except Medical, Dentistry and Engineering. The form needs to be reached by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of Sri Lanka by 13 April 2018 (5 pm).
Scholarship Amount/Reward: One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000 and a monthly allowance of LKR 30,000 during the study period.
Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships: Quick Overview
|16 Apr 2018
|Class / Course
Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships Eligibility Criteria –
Who Can Apply?
- Minimum 10+2 or equivalent certificate from a reputable board.
- Less than 25 years of age on 16th April 2018.
To prove their educational qualifications corresponding to that of G.C.E Exam of Sri Lanka, interested candidates need to send across (attach) the original letter obtained from their board.
Note: Those who have travelled to other countries for training/study/specialisation for 6 months or more are eligible for the scheme. However, such candidates must prove their stay in India for, at least, two consecutive years after the foreign trip (as on 16 April 2018).
Documents to be attached to the Application Form:
Get at least 3 copies of application form available at www.mohe.gov.lk and attach the underneath certificates with the form:
- Date of birth certificate of the applicant
- Date of birth certificate of the applicant’s parents
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
- Police Report
- Medical Certificate
- Original certificates from Board
- Copies of certificates and academic transcripts of Advanced and Ordinary Level Examinations
- Original copy of candidate’s passport data page. The passport should be valid for a minimum period of one year after arrival in Sri Lanka.
Do you meet the above requirements? Why not make the most of this golden opportunity?