Google India Code to Learn Contest 2018 for Students of Class 5th-10th
Last Updated : 06 Nov 2018
Google India’s Code to Learn Contest in collaboration with ACM India and IIIT, New Delhi is for students from Classes 5th to 10th. The objective of the programme is to build a strong foundation in Computer Science.
The late date to apply is 31st August 2018.
Google India Code to Learn Contest: Quick Overview
|Deadline||31 Aug 2018|
|Class / Course||Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8, Class 9, Class 10|
|Awarded Amount||Multiple Prizes|
|Apply Now||Click here|
About Google India Code to Learn Contest
It is a 5-year-old programme, adopted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Over the years, the use of Computer Science has increased, whether it is the use of applications (apps) for creating and sending innovative greetings or using apps to book donations.
Thus, with the Google India Code to Learn Contest:-
- Students get to learn the basics of Computer Science.
- Candidate gets a chance to make use of MIT App Inventor.
- They gain knowledge of different scientific technologies.
The contest takes place in 3 Class categories:-
Category 1: Students of Class 5th and 6th
Category 2: Students of Class 7th and 8th
Category 3: Students of Class 9th and 10th
*Only school students can apply for the competition, it is not applicable to families of the students, employees, interns, contractor or any representative of Google etc.
Benefits under the Scholarship
A total of 9 students will receive rewards such as:-
- A Chromebook laptop
- A certificate of achievement
How to Apply
- School teachers from each Class can nominate 5 students and register here.
- Enter the required details.
- After completing registration, enter all the details related to the student.
- Attach the project file made by the participants.
- Repeat the same steps for each student.
- After nominating every student, submit the project.
- Originality and Uniqueness of the idea or project.
- Use of Computer Science concepts – how many concepts are applied and their role in the final project.
- The complexity or difficulty level of the project.
- Whether or not the contest requirements have been met.
- A panel of judges selects 10 finalists from each class category.
- After that, the 10 finalists will go through a second round, leading to a selection of 3 winners.
- The list of finalists and winner will be available on the official website.
- There is no particular order of the winners; each of them will get the same reward and certificate.
Subscribe Now for Google India Code to Learn Contest Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.