SBI (State Bank Of India) is a fully government owned public sector bank which has a multinational stature. It has around 14,000 bank branches in India and 191 foreign offices spread across 36 countries of the world. It is listed in the Fortune 500 companies of the world.
The CRB (central recruitment board) organizes and conducts SBI Probationary Officer exam for inducting the best possible human resources on the official position of the SBI. The exam is organized on the national level at various centres in India. The exam is conducted in 3 stages, namely, Preliminary Stage, Mains Stage and finally candidates who qualifies in the previous two stages are called for the Group discussion and personal interview.
• The candidate should be citizen of India.
• Candidate should not be less than 21 years of age and should not exceed 30 years of age. Candidates of reserved category are given age relaxation. Here are details about the age relaxation for different categories of candidates-
OBC – 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years
PwD – Person with disability belonging to General Category is given 10 years of age relaxation. Further person with disability belonging to OBC category is given 13 years and those belonging to the category of SC/ST is given 15 years.
• Candidate should have done his Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline from recognized university or institution. Candidates who have done Chartered Accountancy are also eligible to apply.
• Candidates who are appearing in their final year exam or final semester are also eligible to appear for the exam.
Candidate wishing to apply for the SBI PO,2017, Exam can avail Application form online only. It is expected to be available online in the month of May, 2017.Further they are required to pay their Application fee only to appear for the exam.
How To Apply
• Candidates must visit the official website of the SBI i.e. www.sbi.co.in, to get the Application form.
• Candidate should first of all get themselves registered by providing details about their names, mobile number and address.
• Then they should fill all the required columns of the Application form.
• They should pay the Application fee.
• They must upload the digital image of their Photo and signature along with the Application form. Failure of which might lead to the rejection of their Application form by the conducting authority.
• For General/OBC –Rs.600/.
• For SC/ST/PwD- Rs.100/.
• Candidate should pay their Application fee only through the online mode only. They should visit the official website of the SBI i.e. www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in to pay their application fee. They can make use of either the Net Banking or pay by Credit Card and Debit Card.
The SBI PO, 2017, Exam is a 3 stage exam.
1st stage is the Preliminary stage which carries 100 marks. It is merely qualifying in nature. Candidates are required to pass this stage only to become eligible for the next stage of the exam i.e. the Mains exam.
2nd stage is the Mains stage, which carries 250 marks. Candidate is required to score well in this stage of the exam as the marks scored by candidate is added in the merit list of the exam. The rank of the candidate is determined by his score in the Mains exam and the interview round.
3rd and the final stage of the exam is the Group discussion and Interview round. It carries 50 marks.
Check below for the distribution of marks and questions in the various stages of the exam.
Question Paper Pattern of Preliminary exam-
• Mode of exam – Online.
• Type of Question paper – objective type.
• Number of question paper -100.
• Duration of exam – 1 hour.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks|
Question Paper Pattern of Mains exam-
• Mode of exam – Online.
• Type of Question paper – objective type and subjective type.
• Marks -250 marks. Objective section 200 marks and Subjective section 50 marks.
• Duration of exam – 3 hours.
• Marking Scheme- There is negative marking scheme. For each incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Type of Questions.||Subjects||Marks
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
Data Analysis and Data Interpretation
General Economics and Banking Awareness.
|Subjects||English Language||50 marks.|
Candidates who qualify in the Mains exams are called for Group Discussion and Interview.
The SBI PO,2017, Exam is expected to be held in the month of July, 2017.
Read below for the further details about the exam.
|About the SBI PO,2017,Exam||Details|
|Avail Application Form from||1st week of May,2017.|
|Closing date of Application form||End week of May,2017.|
|Download Admit Card for Preliminary Exam||By the end of June,2017.|
|SBI PO,2017,Preliminary Exam Date||1st week of July,2017.|
|Result of SBI PO,2017,Preliminary Exam||2nd week of July,2017.|
|Download Admit card for Mains Exam||3rd week of July, 2017.|
|SBI PO, 2017,Mains Exam Date||4th week of July,2017.|
|Result of SBI PO,2017, Mains Exam Date||2nd week of August,2017.|
|Download Admit Card for the Interview||End of August 2017.|
|Final announcement of the result||End of September,2017.|
Particulars about the SBI PO,2017, Exam
Every year SBI recruits Bank PO’s for its various bank branches across the nation. In the year 2016, SBI selected 2428 Bank probationary officers for its various branches. For the year 2017, it is planning to recruit more number of candidates than the previous years.
In order to check for the further details of the SBI PO, 2017, Exam see below-
• Exam level –All India Level.
• Number of vacancies – more than 2428.
• Mode of the exam- Computer based test.
• Details about the salary –
i) Annual Salary Package- 7.55 lacs – 12.93 lakhs (depending upon the geographical factors of the location of the Bank branch.)
ii) Basic Salary – Rs. 27,620/.
iii) Increment – There will be four increments in the pay band 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
iv) Facilities- As per the government rules in force, officers will be given their D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances.
• Clarification about the Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-2, Middle Management Grade Scale -2, Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-1 –
Candidates who finally qualifies in the SBI PO Exam are inducted as a trainee for the period of 2 years. During this period of time they are required to show their caliber and capability. Most importantly pass the Officer’s level training. Those who successfully pass their training are elevated for the officer’s post and their posting is confirmed as the Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-2. Whereas those inducted candidate who fail to come up to the expected standards are given posting but confirmed as the Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-1.
SBI PO Admit Card
Candidates can download Admit Card from the official website of the SBI. They will be issued three Admit Cards at every stage of the exam i.e. for Preliminary exam, for Mains exam and finally for the Interview. It is necessary to keep the admit card for each stage of the exam.
For every stage of the exam results will be announced. It means SBI will announce three results. The first result will be for the Preliminary exams, the second for the Mains exam and finally a merit list of the successful candidates will be prepared after the Group Discussion and Interview.
Q. When does the SBI PO, 2017 exam will be held?
The Preliminary exam for the SBI PO,2017 will be held in the 1st week of July month 2017. The Mains exam will be held in the 4th week of July, 2017.
Q. What is the Application fee for the exam?
The Application fee for General candidate is Rs.600 and for SC/ST it is Rs.100.
Q. Is it necessary to be a graduate for the SBI PO exam?
Yes, it is mandatory that a candidate should be a graduate. He should have done his Bachelor’s or equivalent in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.
Q. Can an appearing candidate in the Bachelor’s degree is eligible to appear for the exam?
Yes, those candidates who are appearing in their final year exams are eligible for the exam.
Q. If the marks of Preliminary exam are added in the final merit list?
No. The marks of preliminary exam is not added in the final merit list. Candidate is required to only pass the Preliminary exam to become eligible for the mains exam.
Q. What is the age limit for the SBI, PO exam?
The candidate should be between the 21 years to 30 years of age. However, candidates from the reserved category are given age relaxation. Following is the details of the age relaxation-
• OBC – 3 years
• SC/ST -5 years
• PWD –
1. PwD General – 10 years
2. PwD OBC -13 years
3. PwD SC/ST -15 years.
Q. What is the pattern of exam for the SBI PO, Prelims exam?
The Prelims exam is an objective type exam of 100 marks with. The duration of the exam is 1 hour. The candidate is required to pass this exam in order to move to the next level of the Mains exams.
Q. If the Mains exam of SBI PO, 2017 is objective type or subjective type?
The Mains exam contains both types of questions, subjective as well as objective. The objective part of the exam is of 200 marks and the subjective part of the exam is of 50 marks.