SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Academic Background, Reservation, Age Limit
The State Bank of India (SBI) has successfully concluded the 2021 PO recruitment process with the announcement of the final result on 16th March 2021. Following the previous year’s trends, the SBI PO 2022 recruitment process will begin tentatively in the third or last week of April 2022. Last year’s notification was released in November 2020 due to the COVID-19 situation.
Candidates, who aspire to join the State Bank of India as Probationary Officer, are required to register online for the recruitment process. In order to apply online, candidates must fulfil the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 or else they will not be allowed to appear in the recruitment process.
SBI PO 2022 eligibility criteria are prescribed by the State Bank of India (SBI), which mandates only aspirants having a bachelor’s degree within 21 to 30 years of age. Herein, we have shared the detailed eligibility criteria including the age, upper age limit, educational qualification(s), and the maximum number of attempts limit for SBI PO Recruitment 2022. Check the complete and detailed eligibility conditions here.
SBI Probationary Officer Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria of SBI PO include requirements in terms of nationality, age and academic qualification that candidates need to meet prior to applying for the exam. The conditionals mentioned here are as per the previous recruitment. Any changes made in the conditions will be updated here after the release of the official 2022 notification. Any graduate candidate can apply for the SBI PO 2022 exam. Scroll down the page to know the complete SBI PO 2022 eligibility criteria.
Enthusiast candidates applying for SBI Probationary Officer Examination 2022 should be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility.
Candidates aiming to apply for the SBI PO 2022 exam, should meet any of the educational criteria listed below.
- The educational qualification will be calculated as on 31st August 2022.
- Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university or by the Central Government.
- Candidates who are in the final year/semester of graduation can also apply provisionally, subject to the condition that if they are called for an interview then they must produce proof of having completed graduation.
- Candidates possessing the qualification of a chartered accountant may also apply or having an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is calculated as on or before 31st December 2022.
- For the SBI PO eligibility percentage, candidates with less than 60% in their graduation are also eligible to take the SBI PO exam. The State Bank of India prescribes no minimum percentage in Graduation for the SBI Probationary Officer (PO) exam.
Note: Candidates must indicate their percentile scores obtained in graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online SBI PO application form. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application.
SBI PO 2022 Age Limit and Relaxation
Age limit for SBI PO recruitment should be not below the age of 21 years and not above 30 years as on 1st April 2022. Candidates must have been born not later than 01st April 2001, and not earlier than 02nd April 1992. The relaxation in the age limit given to the candidates from reserved categories is given below:
Age relaxation (in years)
OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
PWD (SC/ ST)
PWD (Gen/ EWS)
Persons ordinarily domicile of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989
Scroll left or right to view full table
SBI PO 2022 Number of Chances
Candidates who are going to appear for the exam must understand that there is a limit to the number of attempts in the SBI PO exam. The number of chances provided by the exam conducting authority to different categories is given below:
Number of chances
General/ EWS (PWD)
SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)
Scroll left or right to view full table
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of chances are not eligible to apply. The number of attempts will be counted from the examination held on 18th April 2010. Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance. In the years in which only one written examination was held (i.e. no prelims exam was conducted), those will be considered as an attempt.
Also Read – SBI PO syllabus and exam pattern
SBI PO Eligibility For PwD Candidates
The State Bank of India sets certain conditions for Persons with Disabilities to fulfil SBI PO eligibility. The reservation guidelines reserved for persons who are Physically Challenged under Section 33 of the RPWD Act.
Candidates having a hearing impaired, Visually Impaired and orthopedically handicapped are eligible to apply for the exam. Details of SBI PO eligibility for PwD candidates are as under:
OH – Orthopedically Handicapped: Candidates with a locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with a minimum 40% impairment or fall in the following categories of the disabled are eligible.
- OL – One leg affected either left or right
- OA – One arm affected either left or right
- BL- Both legs affected but not arms
- OAL- One arm & One Leg affected
VI – Visually Impaired: Any candidate suffering from any of the following conditions under the reserved category.
- A total absence of sight
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen)
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees
HI – Hearing Impaired: Hearing impairment with a loss of 60 decibels or more than this can apply for SBI PO exam. Or
A person whose sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary reasons of life. Someone who has lost the hearing ability of both ears, OR who can’t hear sounds at all even with amplified speech.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – SBI PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Question1: I am in my final year of graduation, can I apply for the SBI PO Exam?
Yes, candidates in the final year of graduation can apply for the SBI PO exam, provided they produce proof of having cleared their graduation when called for the SBI PO Interview round.
Question 2: How many attempts are permitted for SBI PO?
The number of attempts in SBI PO is decided as per the category of the candidate. For general candidates, the maximum number of attempts is 4, for OBC and PwD (General/OBC) 7 attempts are allowed. For SC/ST category candidates, there is no bar on the number of attempts until they attain the prescribed maximum age limit.
Question 3: Can I apply after completing my 12th class?
No, only students with a graduation degree or equivalent in any stream can apply.
Question 4: What is the minimum SBI PO salary?
As per the latest notification, the basic SBI PO salary is approx. ? 27,620/-. The pay band of SBI PO salary applicable to Junior Management Scale-I.
Question 5: What is the age limit for applying for SBI PO?
The lower age limit for applying to SBI PO is 21 and the upper age limit is 30 years.
Question 6: Is there any descriptive paper in the SBI PO examination?
Yes, SBI PO Main is held in two parts: First is the Objective paper that asks questions based on GK, Reasoning, Quantitative Analysis, English and Computer. The second is the descriptive paper of 200 marks.
Question 7: When is the prelims exam for SBI PO 2021-22?
The prelims exam will be conducted tentatively in July 2022.
Question 8: When will the SBI PO Main exam be held?
The Main exam will be conducted in August 2022.