Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) ALP 2018 Complete Syllabus
Published on : 7th August 2018 Author : Satyaranjan Bai
Railway Recruitment Board is going to conduct the Assistant Loco Pilot exam on 9th August 2018. The exam will be held in 4 important stages – the First Stage of Computer-based Test, Second Stage of Computer-based Test, Computer-based Aptitude Test and Document Verification. Candidates who have registered for the exam will take the first stage of CBT on August 9. The duration of the exam is 1 hour. There will be 75 questions, carrying 75 marks. Are you one of those aspirants who will be appearing for the test? If so, it is important to get hold of the complete RRB ALP 2018 syllabus.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness on Current Affairs
- Basic Science and Engineering
- Engineering Discipline (Diploma/Degree)
- Relevant Trade for Part B
Here’s a broad glance at the detailed syllabi of Railway Recruitment Board ALP 2018 exam.
- Mathematics: Candidates will have to go through BODMAS, Ratio and Proportion, Number System, Fractions, Decimals, LCM, Algebra, Percentages, HCF, Mensuration, Pipes and Cistern, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Geometry and Trigonometry, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Square Root, Age Calculations, Elementary Statistics, Calendar & Clock, etc.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: This section covers Analytical Reasoning, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Relationships, Mathematical Operations, Analogies, Syllogism, Venn Diagram, Jumbling, Conclusions and Decision Making, Directions, Similarities and Differences, Classification, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, etc.
- General Awareness on Current Affairs: It covers Economics, Sports, Culture, Science & Technology, Personalities, Politics, etc.
- Basic Science and Engineering: The broad topics that are covered under this particular section are Heat and Temperature, Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Symbolic Representation, Lines, Geometric Figures), Unit, Mass Weight and Density, Measurements, Work Power and Energy, Speed and Velocity, Occupational Safety and Health, Environment Education, Basic Electricity, Levers and Simple Machines, IT Literacy, etc.
- Engineering Discipline (Diploma/Degree): Electronics Engineering and combination of various streams of Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering and the combination of various streams of Electrical Engineering, Automobile Engineering and combination of various streams of Automobile Engineering Mechanical Engineering and the combination of various streams of Mechanical Engineering and HSC (10+2) with Physics and Maths
- Relevant Trade for Part B: Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Tractor Mechanic/Mechanic Diesel/Heat Engine/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Electrician/Instrument Mechanic/Wiremen/Winder (Armature)/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Fitter/Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Tractor Mechanic/Mechanic Diesel/Turner/Machinist/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic/Heat Engine/Millwright Maintenance Mechanic, Electronics Mechanic/Mechanic Radio & TV, Electrician/Electronics Mechanic/Wireman, etc.
RRB ALP Admit Card 2018:
Railway Recruitment Board has released RRB ALP hall tickets 2018 on the official website on 5 August. Candidates can log in to indiarail.gov.in and download their admit cards. Aspirants must remember that the Board will not send the call letters via e-mail. Admission to the exam venue without the admit card is prohibited.