CAT Exam Application Form 2022: Registration Process, Steps to Complete Application Form
The official notification for CAT 2022 was released on 31st July 2022. However, considering the present COVID-19 situation across the globe, nothing can be said about the exact dates. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore will conduct the CAT 2022 examination on 27th November 2022, and the result for the same was announced in January 2023.
Here we are covering the registration process for CAT 2022. The CAT registration process is online, and applications for the exam will not be accepted through any other mode.
CAT is a national-level exam conducted every year by the Indian Institutes of Management on a rotational basis. Candidates seeking admission to management courses offered by top B schools have to qualify for CAT to get admission.
Qualifying for the exam is a dream for many aspirants who wish to pursue an MBA from top B-Schools. The article below will give you detailed guidelines about the commencement of registration, the application process, and other relevant information related to the CAT 2022 exam.
Overview of CAT Exam 2022
CAT notification released on
31st July 2022
CAT Registration Process
3rd August 2022
CAT application form last date
14th September 2022
CAT admit card release date
27th October 2022
27th November 2022
Scroll left or right to view full table
CAT 2022 Registration – Important Documents
Here are the important documents that candidates must keep in hand in order to speed up the registration process:
- Marksheet of class X, XII, and Bachelor’s degree.
- Scanned images of signature and photograph. Make sure the photograph is not more than 6 months old and must have a white background. Photograph and signature size ≤ 80Kb.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
CAT 2022 Important Instructions
To ensure successful submission of the CAT exam application form, here are some points you need to keep in mind while filling in the application form:
The fields that are marked with (*) are compulsory to fill.
- Aspirants need to upload the scanned copy of their original documents along with a recent and clear passport-size photograph in the stated columns.
- Do not move to the next page without clicking on the “Save and continue” button.
- The aspirants can continue to fill out the application even after logging out only if the previous information was saved.
- The aspirants must make a clear understanding of what information they have furnished and check the application multiple times to avoid rejection of the application.
- The aspirants should use the mouse to move ahead in the next field/column instead of the tab key.
CAT Exam 2022 Application Procedure
Here are the steps that you need to follow to fill the CAT application form 2022 accurately:
- Visit the official website – iimcat.ac.in.
- Find the link to apply for the exam and click it.
- Complete the CAT registration process by providing your Email Id and mobile number.
- Your username and password will be sent to your registered mobile number and email id.
- Log in with the given username and password.
- The application form is divided into 5 sections – personal details, academic details, work experience (if any), a list of programs, and payment. You have to fill out all the sections carefully, avoid mistakes and make payment of the application fee.
- Once the application is completed, submit it and do take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
CAT 2019 Exam Application Fee -
The application fee for General and OBC students is ₹ 2200 and for SC/ST/PwD is ₹ 1100.