CAT 2020 Admit Card Released – Download Procedure and Important Documents
Published on : 28th October 2020 Author : Nandita Gupta
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) released the CAT 2020 Admit Card on its official website by 28th October 2020. The admit card for Common Admission Test 2020 (CAT 2020) hall ticket has been made available at the authorized portal from Wednesday 05:00 PM onwards. Test-takers who have applied for the CAT 2020 examination, can download their admit card by logging into iimcat.ac.in through using their Login User ID and Password. The last date to download the admit card is 29th November 2020.
CAT Exam Admit Card 2020 Download -
Here are the quick steps that candidates must follow in order to successfully download the admit card on or before meeting up the deadline.
CAT 2020 Admit Card – Must Have Steps To Follow
- Go to the official website - https://iimcat.ac.in
- Click on ‘Login’ button under the ‘Download CAT 2020 Admit Card’ section on the home-page.
- You will be re-directed to ‘CANDIDATE LOGIN’ page.
- Enter your user ID and password to log-in.
- Your CAT 2020 admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check the details and take a print out of the same.
Admit card is an essential document to be carried to the examination centre on the day of examination. Candidates who don’t carry the admit card to the examination centre will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
CAT Exam 2020 Admit Card Schedule
Admit card releases on
28th October 2020 (available from 5:00 PM)
Last date to download the admit card
29th November 2020
CAT 2020 examination
29th November 2020 (in two shifts)
CAT 2020 results
January 2020 (Second week)
CAT Exam 2020 Admit Card – Details to Check
Here is the list of information that you need to check on your admit card:
- Candidate’s Name
- DOB (Date of Birth of the Applicant)
- Registration Number
- Date and slot (morning/evening) of the CAT exam 2020
- Exam centre name and address
- Candidate’s signature
- Candidate’s photograph
- Instructions for the examination
Documents to be carried along with the CAT Admit Card 2020
The candidate needs to carry a separate proof of identity along with their admit card. The identity proof can be any of the following:
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by school/ college
Note – Make sure the above documents must have candidate’s photograph.
Errors to Check on CAT Admit Card 2020
The below listed information on admit card should match the information on the CAT application form:
- The name of the candidate should not be misspelt.
- CAT registration number must be the same as the registered user ID.
- Date of birth should be the same as mentioned on the application form and in official documents.
- Birth category status should be correct.
- PWD/ DA status should be correct.
- Test city must be from one of the four options mentioned in the application form.
- Candidate's photograph and signature must be clearly visible.
In case, any candidate finds error on their admit card, must immediately contact the exam authority to get it corrected. Given below are the contact details: CAT helpline desk at 1-800-209-0830 (Toll-Free), Email at - [email protected]
Important Instructions for CAT 2020 Exam
- Keep the admit card safe even after the day of the CAT exam as the admit card will be required at the later stages of the admission process.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any belongings other than the Admit card and valid proof of identification. Extra rough sheet and pencil will be provided at the test centres.
- Must report at the exam centre by 7 am for the morning slot and by 1 pm for the evening slot.
- Reach the examination hall with two copy of Admit Card as one copy is to be submitted with the invigilator or the examiner.
- Make sure not to sign in the space provided strictly for invigilator/examiner.
- Must carry a clear print of the CAT Exam 2020 admit card and paste the recent passport size photograph in the space provided on admit card.
The above are the necessary guidelines related to the CAT admit card which aspirants need to keep in mind. The CAT 2020 examination is scheduled to be held on 29th November 2020 in two sessions across 156 cities across the country.