Dairy Technology involves processing of milk in a way to obtain high-quality milk products from it. It is a kind of food technology that involves the science of bacteriology and biochemistry to churn out various milk products of daily use. Dairy Technology is a comprehensive term, it covers not only manufacturing and processing of dairy products, but also its packaging and distributionof long distances.
Following courses are available in Dairy Technology-
Undergraduate Programmes in Dairy Technology
- B.E in Dairy Technology
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology
Post –Graduate Programmein Dairy Technology
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Dairy Technology
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Dairy Chemistry
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Animal Biochemistry
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Animal Bio-Technology
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Dairy Micro-Biology.
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Dairy Engineering.
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) in Animal Nutrition.
- Animal Genetics and Breeding.
Diploma Courses in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Higher Diploma in Dairy Science and Technology
- Diploma in Food and Dairy Technology
After completing this course, a student can become aDairy Technologists, Micro-Biologists, Dairy Scientists, Theologians, Head Quality Control, Commodity Trading Managers, Nutritionists and Industry Supervisor etc. Some of the big companies which hire Dairy Technologists are Vadilal, Reliance, ITC, Nestle, Amul, Mother Dairy, Heinz etc.
The ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) organizes AIEEA (All India Entrance Examination for admission) in various Dairy Technology Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. It also conducts an entrance exam for Ph.Dunder the name AICE-SRF-PGS. The ICAR conducts an examination at national, state and University level for enrolling students in various courses like Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, and Social Science including Dairy Technology.
Read below to know more about the ICAR Dairy Technology 2018 Exam.