The K. J Somaiya College of Engineering was founded in 1983 at Vidyavihar, Mumbai. The college is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. It offers B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph. D programmes.
KJ Somaiya College Of Engineering: Affiliations and Accreditations
- KJSCE is affiliated with the Mumbai University. It functions as an autonomous organisation.
- It is an AICTE approved college of engineering.
- The NAAC has given it ‘Grade A’ for its quality of education.
- The KJSCE has been given the US Patent in 2017.
- The India Today and Neilson Company have counted KJSCE among the best colleges of engineering in India.
- The college was ranked 24th.
KJ Somaiya College Of Engineering: On-Campus Facilities
- The college students find opportunity to participate in the national and international events.
- The college has entrepreneur-cell which provides aids to the start-ups of students.
- The college has well-equipped laboratories with all sorts of instruments to impart in students a better engineering skills.
- There are total 75 laboratories in the college.
- Numerous spacious workshops to learn the art of engineering.
- It has a well-stocked library.
- There are more than 39,000 books in the library to cater to the educational needs of the students.
- Students can access the library materials online also, besides having an open access to it.
- To keep students updated about the national and international technological events, around 110 science and technology magazines are available at the library.
- The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Students are given access to the internet in the library, canteen, hostel, and in classrooms also.
- There are more than 1400 computers that are configured differently to meet the students and administration requirements.
The college undertakes numbers of research projects every year which are funded by private and government agencies both. For example – In January 2018, around 36 research projects have been submitted. Some of these projects received funds from L&T Automation, outside government agency, UGC, CNC etc.