Know the Best Way to Download GATE Exam 2018 Admit Card
Published on : 31st December 2017 Author : Tanvi Mittal
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE is a national level entrance examination for the post graduate (M.E and M.Tech), Ph.D and many other courses. This year, the IIT Guwahati will organize the GATE exam. The institute will release the admit card of GATE exam 2018 on 5th January 2018. The card is only available through online mode. There is no other ways like post or email to receive it. The candidates who have submitted the application for the exam, can download the soft copy of the admit card by using the enrollment ID, registration ID and date of birth.
The admit card will have the details like name of the candidate, roll number, category, father’s name, gender, exam day and time address of the exam centre etc. After downloading the card, the candidate must check all the details minutely. The print out of the admit card should be clear. If the photograph and signature is not legible, then the card will not accepted by the invigilators.
Steps to Download the Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of GOAPS
- From the home page, select the link ‘Click here’ to download GATE admit card
- The log in page of GOAPS with login details will appear on screen
- Now insert the “Enrollment ID”, “Registration ID” and “Date of Birth”.
- Now select the ‘Submit’ button
- The admit card of the candidate will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidate has to download and take at least 2 colour print outs for future use
Details on the Admit Card:
- Registrtation Number
- Date and time for the examination
- GATE paper
- Enrollment ID in bar code form
- Examination Centre with code and address
- Candidate's photograph
- Candidate's signature
- The Organizing chairman’s signature
- Instruction for the candidate
Steps to Download if the Candidate Forgot the Login Details:
If the candidate have forgotten the login credentials, then here are the steps he or she should follow to retrieve it:
- Click on the link ‘Forgot Enrollment ID or Password’ on the homepage
- You will be provided two options on the next page
- If you have forgotten the password but you know the email ID then go for the ‘Request for an OTP’ to reset a new password
- In case you already got an unused OTP then click on the ‘Already have an OTP?’.
- Now insert the OTP
- Click on the Submit button
- Now reset the password
Never try to bring only soft copy of the admit card to the examination centre. You need to bring the hard copy (printed in colour only) of the card along with original and valid identity document.