NIFT 2022 Result – NIFT Cut-Off and Scorecard Details
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has declared the results of the written entrance exam for admission to B.Des./ M.Des./ MFT/ MFM programmes. The result is available on the official website from 17th March 2021. Candidates who have appeared for the written entrance test conducted on 14th February 2021 can check their NIFT result by entering the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
How to Check NIFT Result 2022
- Go to the official website – www.nift.ac.in.
- Click on the ‘Result of Written Exam - B.Des./ M.Des./ MFT/ MFM Programmes’ link under ‘Admissions’ section.
- Enter any of the two details asked for and click on the Submit button.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check it, download, and take a print out.
The written exam comprises the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). Those who clear the written exam are required to appear in the Situation test/ GD/ Interview which will be conducted in the month of April/May.
The final result of the NIFT 2021 exam will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored in the GAT, CAT, and Situational Test. It will be announced once the situational test and GD/PI are over. The final result is scheduled to be announced in May/ June 2021.
Details on NIFT 2022 Scorecard
The details that you will find on the NIFT 2022 scorecard are as follows:
- Your name, roll number, and applicant number.
- Your date of birth
- Your photograph
- Your subject-wise score of the GAT and CAT exam.
- Marks that you obtained in Situation Test
- Total marks scored by you
- Your rank (if qualified)
What after NIFT 2021 Result?
- After considering the scores, the final NIFT 2021 result and merit list is prepared.
- The final result and merit list will be issued online in the month of May/June 2021.
- Admission to various NIFTs will be conducted on the basis of the marks scored by the qualifiers in CAT, GAT, Group Discussion, Situation Test, and Personal Interview round.
- The cutoff will be released by NIFT which will be the closing rank both section and campus wise.
- Cut off will depend on numerous factors such as the total number of candidates appearing in NIFT 2021, the number of candidates qualified, the difficulty level of the question paper, the total number of seats for B.Design and B.F. Tech programs.
- NIFT offers admission to more than 2000 candidates for B. Design and around 350 seats for B.F.Tech programme across different NIFT campuses that are located in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Srinagar, Bhopal, Kannaur, Gandhinagar, Shillong, Patna, Raebareli, Kangra, and Bhubaneswar.
NIFT 2021 Cut-off
The closing rank laid by NIFT participating institutes is what is known as NIFT cut off. It is calculated on the basis of the seats’ availability, the total number of students appearing in the exam, difficulty level of exam etc. NIFT Cut off will be released both institute-wise and section-wise. Candidates will need to secure minimum marks to get admission to their preferred college. Only those candidates who will meet the minimum marks criteria of the NIFT 2021 exam will be called for the counselling round. However, the final allotment of campuses as per Common Merit Rank may vary from year to year and also as per the preference of the candidate.
Generally, the cut-off of NIFT depends on numerous factors that are mentioned below:
- The number of candidates who appeared for the NIFT exam.
- The difficulty level of questions
- The number of candidates who cleared the exam.
- Number of seats for NIFT admissions
- Previous years’ cut-off trends
- Reservation criteria
NIFT 2021 Counselling
After the final result, the counselling session will be conducted for admission. The counselling process will be offline conducted in multiple rounds. Candidates must register themselves for participating in the counselling process. The counselling cum call letters are to be downloaded from the official website. Candidates are required to carry the following documents at the time of counselling for document verification:
- Several Passport size photographs
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Category certificate
- Affidavit of provisional admission
- Bank Draft
- Anti-Ragging Certificate
- Provisional Call Letter
Check the official website regularly for further updates.