NIFT 2019 Result Announced for Written Exam – Cut-Off and Scorecard Details
Published on : 25th March 2019 Author : Akhilesh
23 March 2019: The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has declared the results of the written entrance exam for admission to B.FTech., M.FTech., and M.F.M. programmes. The result is available on the official website from 22nd March 2019. “Result of B.DES and M.DES programmes will be declared in due course,” reads the official notification.
Candidates who have appeared for the written entrance test - Creativity Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) - on January 20, 2019, you can check your NIFT result by entering the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
Guide to Check NIFT Result 2019
- Go to the official website – www.nift.ac.in.
- Click on ‘Result of Written Entrance Examination-2019’ link under ‘Admissions 2019’ section.
- Click on the link for checking the result.
- Enter any of the two details asked for and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check it, download, and take a print out.
The marks scored by you in the GAT exam will be considered as the final result for B.F.Tech program. For B.Design program, you will need to qualify in NIFT 2019 written test (GAT and CAT), and then you will be shortlisted for Situation Test. The Situation test/GD/Interview will be conducted in the month of April/May.
The final result of NIFT 2019 will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored in the GAT, CAT, and Situational Test, once your situational test and GD/PI are over. The final result is scheduled to be announced in the end of May 2019.
Details you will find on the NIFT 2019 Scorecard
The details that you will find on the NIFT 2019 scorecard when you will download it from their official website are as follows:
- Your name, roll number, and applicant number.
- Your date of birth
- Your photograph
- Your subject-wise score of GAT and CAT exam.
- Marks that you obtained in Situation Test
- Total marks scored by you
- Your rank (if qualified)
What after the result of NIFT 2019 get declared?
- After considering the scores, the final NIFT 2019 result and merit list is prepared.
- The final result and merit list will be issued online in the month of May/June 2019.
- Admission to various NIFTs will be conducted on the basis of the marks scored by the qualifiers in CAT, GAT, Group Discussion, Situation Test, and Personal Interview round.
- Cutoff will be released by NIFT which will be the closing rank both section and campus wise.
- Cut off will depend on numerous factors such as total number of candidates appearing in NIFT 2019, number of candidates qualified it, difficulty level of question paper, total number of seats for B.Design and B.F. Tech programs.
- NIFT offers admission to more than 2000 candidates for B. Design and around 350 seats for B.F.Tech programme across different NIFT campuses that are located in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Srinagar, Bhopal, Kannaur, Gandhinagar, Shillong, Patna, Raebareli, Kangra, and Bhubaneshwar.
NIFT 2019 Cut-off
The closing rank laid by NIFT participating institutes is what is known as NIFT cut off. It is calculated on the basis of the seats’ availability, total number of students appearing in the exam, difficulty level of exam etc. NIFT Cut off will be released both institute-wise and section-wise. Candidate will need to secure minimum marks to get admission to their preferred college. Only those candidates who will meet the minimum marks criteria of NIFT 2019 cut off will be called for the counselling round. However, the final allotment of campuses as per Common Merit Rank may from year to year as per the preference of the candidate.
Generally, the cut-off of NIFT depends on numerous factors that are mentioned below:
- Number of candidates appeared for the NIFT 2019 exam.
- Difficulty level of questions
- Number of candidates who cleared the exam.
- Number of seats for NIFT 2019 exam
- Cut-off can be section-wise
After the final result, the counselling session will be conducted for admission. Check the official website regularly for further updates.