NIFT 2019 Admit Card Released; Exam to be Held on January 20th
Published on : 16th January 2019
Fashion aspirants should visit the official website of NIFT and download NIFT 2019 admit card.
New Delhi/ 16.01.2019: The National Institute of Fashion Technology has issued the NIFT 2019 admit card for the students who wish to appear in the entrance exam on January 20. The fashion aspirants should visit the official website of NIFT and download it. The link will remain active till the exam date.
Download NIFT Admit Card 2019
- Log on to http://nift.ac.in/ (the authorised website of NIFT)
- Click on the ‘Admission’ tab
- Under that tab, you will see ‘Admit Card for Written Test’
- Click on the link, you will be redirected to another page that reads ‘NIFT Admissions – 2019: Provisional Admit Card for Written Test’
- Enter any two of the following fields – Application No. (6 digit), DOB and Email ID
- Download the NIFT 2019 hall ticket and take a printout for future reference
Details you will find in NIFT 2019 Admit Card
Your NIFT 2019 Admit Card will be prepared on the basis of the details provided in your NIFT Application Form. Therefore, it is strongly suggested to fill your NIFT application form carefully. You are most likely to find the following details in your admit card of NIFT 2019 entrance exam.
- Your name and roll number
- Details of the Programme or course for which you have applied.
- Date and time of the NIFT 2019 exam.
- Name and Address of the examination centre for which your exam has been scheduled.
- General instructions that you will need to comply to be eligible for taking the exam.
- Your photo and signature.
- Your category
NOTE: It is suggested to visit your examination centre once before the exam date to avoid any last minute troubles and delays to reach the venue on the exam day.
NIFT 2019 Important Dates
The exam will be held on 20 January 2019. The National Institute will further conduct the Interview/ Group Discussion in the month of April/ May. The counselling will tentatively begin in June.
NIFT 2019 Events
NIFT 2019 Dates
Written examination (UG and PG)
20 January 2019
Interview/ Group Discussion/ Situation Test
April/ May 2019
Declaration of result
May/ June 2019
Selection Procedure of NIFT 2019
After successful completion of the NIFT exam, the conducting body will shortlist candidates based on their performances in the written test, followed by situation test, group discussion and interview. Candidates will be intimated about the same through email and SMS. NIFT will administer two entrance examinations before offering admission. The exams are – Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT).
List of Programmes Candidates Can Select
- BDes(Leather Design)
- BDes(Fashion Design)
- MFTech (Master of Fashion Technology)
- BDes (Accessory Design)
- BDes(Knitwear Design)
- BDes (Textile Design)
- MFM (Master of Fashion Management)
- BDes (Fashion Communication)
- MDes (Master of Design)
- BFTech (Apparel Production)
The NIFT Exam is conducted every year by the National Institute of Fashion Technology for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Fashion. In 2006, it was declared a statutory institute by an Act of Indian Parliament.
Discrepancy in NIFT 2019 Admit Card
As an applicant, it is your responsibility to make sure that all the details that are provided in the NIFT 2019 admit is correct. In case, you find any sort of error in the admit card, get it rectified by contacting the NIFT officials at the earliest. You can reach NIFT official for support by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Documents to Carry on Exam Day
While NIFT 2019 admit card is the most important document you will need to carry on the exam day, there are other documents also that you will need to carry. All the documents that you need to carry on exam day are:
- NIFT 2019 Admit Card
- Valid Photo ID
- Ballpoint pen (black or blue)
NOTE: You will not be allowed to carry a mobile phone or any other sort of electronic gadgets to the exam hall. If you are appearing for the situational test, you are not allowed to use additional/outside material to create models/designs.
Guidelines for NIFT 2019 Entrance Exam
It is recommended to follow the below-mentioned guidelines when appearing for the NIFT 2019 entrance exam to allotted venues:
- Make sure to reach the examination centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- If you are found carrying a mobile phone or electronic devices in the exam hall, your candidature for the exam will be cancelled.
- If you are shortlisted from the written exam, you will need to attend the Situational test/Group discussion/Interview (except in the case of B.F. Tech).
- The situational test is basically a hands-on test where your creativity and material handling skills will be tested. You will not be allowed to carry or use additional/outside material.
- You are not allowed to mention your personal details or any sort of identification marks on the exam sheet. If found doing so, your candidature will be cancelled.
So, this is how you can download your NIFT 2019 admit card for the NIFT examination which is to be held on 20th January 2019. Remember, that your admit card will be available online on the official website of NIFT. You will not be receiving it by post or any other means. So, make sure to download it from the official website and get it printed. Moreover, you are suggested to check the NIFT website for updates regularly.