NIFT 2019 Registration - Step by Step Process Explained in Detail
Published on : 17th December 2018 Author : Akhilesh
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India that provide education to the students on design, management, and technology for the international fashion business. NIFT is known for offering four-year undergraduate and 2-year post-graduate programmes. In order to secure admission in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) as well as Master of Design (M.Des) programmes, each year NIFT conducts two written admission tests – Creativity Ability Test (CAT) and the General Ability Test (GAT). If you are also looking to make a career in the Fashion industry, NIFT is the platform for you. The registration for the NIFT 2019 exam has begun from October 22, 2018, and will end on December 28, 2019, Friday at 11:59 PM. To know how to do NIFT 2019 registration, follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide.
Step to Register for NIFT 2019 Entrance Examination
NIFT 2019 exam is scheduled for January 20, 2019. Interested candidates can register for it by following the below-mentioned steps. However, before going through NIFT 2019 registration process, it is suggested to know the following general instructions.
General Instruction to Register for NIFT 2019 Exam
- You are required to apply online through NIFT website: https://applyadmission.net/nift2019.
- Alternatively, you can also access this website through the “Admission 2019 – Apply now!” banner given on the homepage of the official website of NIFT.
- Make sure that you fill the entries in the NIFT application form in English only.
Now, to fill online application form of NIFT exam, you are suggested to follow the below-mentioned instructions -
- Go to the NIFT website using above-given links and click on the Fresh Candidate to create Log in option (highlighted in red) on the right-hand side panel. You will be directed to the next page where you will be prompted to fill the required details.
- After entering details, click on the Submit button. You will be taken to the next screen where you will be prompted with “Successfully logged in” message. Simply, click on the Proceed to Login button.
- On the next page, you will need to enter the login credential sent to your email address and click on the Submit button. You will be directed to the next page.
- On the next screen, you will be given a window with the following steps:
- Fill Application
- Uploading of Photographs & Signature
- Make Payment
- Print Application
Documents Requirement for NIFT 2019 Application Form -
- Valid email address (it must be valid for at least one year)
- Personal and educational qualification
- Disability certificate for persons with disabilities
- Caste / Tribe / Class certificate (for SC / ST / OBC Candidate)
- Image of scanned signature in jpg / jpeg format with a size not more than 50 KB.
- Image of scanned photographs in jpg / jpeg format with a size not more than 50 KB.
- A Demand Draft of the required amount of ₹ 2000/- (for GEN/OBC (NON-Creamy) candidates) and ₹ 1000/- in case of (SC/ST/PwD candidates) drawn in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi in case making the payment via DD.
- Debit/Credit Card details if you wish to make an online payment.
Once you have all the above-mentioned documents ready, you can fill the application form.
Fill in the application form with required details and make sure that you have documents to support it. Also, make sure to verify it again. Once you are satisfied the information entered in the form, click on the SAVE button.
NOTE: In case you wish to make changes to any information you entered in the application form later, you can do that by signing in again to your NIFT registration account.
Uploading Photographs and Signature
- Photograph: Your photograph must be a recent, coloured passport size picture. Make sure that your photograph is taken against a light-coloured, if possible with a white background, and it must be without any harsh shadows. In case you wear glasses, make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes are completely visible. Also, ensure that your both ears are visible in the picture. Photo taken with cap, hat, and dark glasses are not acceptable. If you wear religious headwear, you can take a picture in it; however, it should not be covering your face. The photo should be in .jpg or .jpeg format and its size shouldn’t be more than 50 KB.
- Signature: You should sign on a white paper with a black ink pen and scan it. Try to scan only the signature are and not the complete page. Make sure that the size of the scanned signature is no more than 50 KB. As this signature will be printed on your Admit Card, make sure that it matches the one you will do on the answer sheet at the time of the test and during the interview. The scanned image should be in .jpg and .jpeg format and its size should not be more than 50 KB.
NIFT 2019 Application Fees -
To make payment of admission fee, you will be given two options: Demand Draft and Debit / Credit Card. Select any of the options and click on the Submit option. As you will click on the Submit button, information about Name, Category, Examination fee will be displayed on your screen. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to make the payment.
- You can make changes to the application form only before making the payment. Once you would have made the payment, you will not be able to make any changes. However, you will be given the chance to review and correct your personal information (changing the examination city is not allowed) entered in the application form starting from 29th December 2018 1200 hrs to 3rd January 2019 1600 hrs.
- If you are making payment through Demand Draft, it should be in favour of “NIFT HO”. Also, you are required to send the printout of the Application Form along with Demand Draft on the following address:
Project Manager - CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110003
Make sure that the application form and DD reach the above-mentioned address on or before 3rd January 2019.
After that, click on the Print Application option to view the successful completion of the NIFT 2019 registration process and to take the print out for future reference.
And this is how you can do the NIFT 2019 registration.