CAT Exam 2022 Section Wise Paper Analysis And Expected Cut-Off: Forenoon Slot
The exam pattern of the morning slot of the CAT exam 2022 was much more like that of CAT 2021. The number of questions was the same across the sections is exactly same. It was a great relief for the aspirants as the conductor of this year's exam had not disclosed the number of questions for each section. That’s the only resemblance this year’s exam has with the previous year’s exam.
The paper pattern of the CAT 2022:
- The Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section had 34 questions
- The Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation section had 32 questions.
- The Quantitative Ability section had 34 questions.
The experience of students is very smooth. There was no issue reporting during the test except in one Delhi center where there was a server issue.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
- There were 24 questions in the RC section and 10 in VA
- The Reading Comprehension section is apparently easy in regards to subject and language.
- There were 3 passages with 6 questions and 2 passages with 3 questions
- The multiple choices were a bit tough
- The candidates need good reasoning skills to solve this interface–based question
- Extreme patience and concentration were needed to choose the right option from the almost similar choices given.
- The difficulty level of the verbal ability section was moderate.
According to the experts, the expected cut-off of this section may be lower than 2021.
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation:
- The LRDI was the most difficult among all the sections.
- Till the exam, the 2021 LRDI part was the most difficult section; but the question paper for CAT 2022 exceeded it.
- It has become almost impossible to identify and separate LR, and DI parts as most of them were from familiar models.
The experts have predicted that the cut-off may be lower than the CAT exam in 2021.
- The Quantitative Ability section is the easiest section among the three.
- Most of the questions were based on a basic arithmetic concept.
- This section has a higher level of attempts
- This section can be considered the scoring part of the exam
The expected cutoff will be higher than the 2021 CAT exam.