The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) every year. It is conducted for selection of candidates for admission in MBBS and BDS courses offered by government and private medical institutes across the country. Replacing the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and other state level medical examinations, NEET has become the single medical entrance exam. So, the exam is of utmost importance for the aspirants looking forward for a bright medical career.
The query we are targeting in this article is very common among the first time NEET aspirants i.e.
How to fill NEET Application form?
This question is very important and so is the solution. Candidates are required to fill the application form correctly to avoid future inconveniences. So, here is the answer to this query in the form of a step-by-step guide to fill the NEET application form.
The NEET application forms are available only through the online mode on the official website of CBSE NEET www.cbseneet.nic.in. The application process for NEET 2018 will tentatively begin from the last week of December 2017. The application process is divided into four easy steps:
- Filling the Online Application Form
- Uploading Scanned Photograph and Signature
- Payment of Application Fees
- Printing Confirmation Page
Let’s have a look on all of the above steps in details:
FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Visit the official website.
- When the online process will begin candidates will see “Apply Online” link in the “Online Services” tab on the home page of the official website. The link will appear at the space indicated by the red arrow in the image shown below.
- After click on the link, you will be redirected to “Instruction Page”. Read them carefully and click “Proceed to Apply Online” button at the bottom of the page.
- Select from “Apply” and “Register” option. “Apply” option is for those who are already registered. “Register” option is for the first time NEET aspirants.
- When log-in or registration is done, you will see the application form. Fill in all the details asked carefully. Refer to your Class X certificates for Name, Parents’ name, DOB etc.
- Click “Next” after checking all the details. “Reset” option will allow filling the complete form again.
- You will be asked to confirm “Final Submit”, check the details and click it. If changes are to be made, click “Back”.
- Note down your registration number after successful submission.
UPLOADING SCANNED PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE
- You will receive an email on the email id provided in the above step including your registration id and password.
- Log in to your account with your registration number and password.
- Upload your scanned photo and signature to complete the second step. Photo and signature are required to meet the following specification:
- Photo: Recent photo in JPEG format only with file size between 10 KB to 100 KB.
- Signature: JPEG format only with file size between 3 KB to 20 KB.
Scan copies not meeting these specifications will be rejected
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
The fee for NEET exam can be paid online as well as offline. Online fee can be paid through Debit card, Credit card or Internet banking option.
For offline fee payment, students are required to use e-challan for depositing the fee amount in CBSE’s bank account.
The Fee amount is:
Rs. 1400 for General and OBC category
Rs. 750 for SC, ST and PH category
NEET 2018 fee will not be accepted through any other mode under any circumstances.
Final submission of the application form is done only after successful completion of this step.
PRINTING CONFIRMATION PAGE
When the application fee payment gets successful, the confirmation page appears. Candidates are advised to take a print out of confirmation page for NEET 2018 Exam. Also, keep the proof of fee submission secure.