Join with Teach for India Movement and Be a Change for Educational Inequality
Published on : 13 Mar 2019
Teach for India Fellowship program is a progressive initiative which offers a broad spectrum of opportunities for India’s most promising youngsters, from the country’s best colleges and workplaces, and enables them to work as full-time teachers in nation’s most under-resourced schools. With this inventive approach, auspicious children with incredible talent got an equal platform to rise up their voice for education and get all the facilities underneath the surroundings of the program. With this ground rooted scheme, qualified students get to experience the realities of India’s education system and ready to cultivate their skills and knowledge to attain a leadership position.
More than this, with this fascinating platform student, gets to explore and identify their vision to help under-resourced school students and enable them to provide educational equity in the country. The last date to submit your entry for Teach for India Fellowship 2019 is 24th March 2019.
Teach for India Fellowship: Quick Overview
|Deadline||24 Mar 2019|
|Class / Course||Graduate|
|Scholarship Type||Skill Based Scholarship|
|Awarded Amount||Monthly Stipend of ₹ 19,000 + Housing Accommodations of ₹ 5,500 to ₹ 10,000|
|Apply Now||Click here|
The Teach for India Fellowship is a cheerful program which entitles graduation degree holder to work as full-time teachers in the less resourced schools. It’s a great opportunity for the children belonging to the low-income community as this optimistic platform serves them an equal opportunity to gain knowledge under the guidance of Teach for India Foundation.
More about the Program
The opportunistic gateway of Teach for India facilitates apprentices to make an authentic difference in the world of education. The key objective to start this program is to help financially deprived students who can’t afford to meet the terms and standards of knowledge. Moreover, it’s a complete two years full-time paid program which commits youth and professionals to work as a teacher. Students who completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to submit their application and grab an opportunity to win monthly stipend of ₹ 19,000 with other additional features.
Teach for India: Key Objectives
The scholarship proposals will be presented to full-fill the basic objectives-
- Replacing the mode of education with advanced teaching methods and skills.
- Foster the knowledge of underprivileged school students and provide them with an equal set of opportunities.
- Make contestants aware of the education system of India and make them credible to join forces with the education system and suggest some good inventive ideas.
- Inviting some really commendable applicants from all over India and serve them an opportunity to work as a Full-time educator in the country’s most under-skilled schools.
- Working in the direction to cultivate the knowledge and skills of the potential young fellows.
Teach for India Fellowship 2019: Scholarship Benefits
Participants of the program will get numerous benefits which are as follows-
- The grounds of Teach for India Fellowship 2019 offer a monthly stipend of ₹ 19,000 on a monthly basis.
- If in case a participant wants to relocate from their home town, they will receive a housing allowance ranging from ₹ 5,500 to ₹ 10,000 depending upon the area where he/she want to stay.
- More than this, Scholarship holders will get an allowance for school supplies.
Eligibility Criteria of Teach for India
In order to apply for the program, an eligible student must fulfil the eligibility norms and conditions of the scheme.
- An applicant must be a graduate degree holder (in any stream) from a recognized university or institute.
- Final year students can also apply for the scheme if their course concludes on or before May 2019.
- An Indian citizen or a foreign national of India Origin with a valid OCI Card are considered for the program.
- Participant must have fluent in the English language as shortlisted students will be placed in English medium schools and have to teach students in the English language.
How can you submit applications for the program?
Graduation degree holders have to complete the eligibility conditions in order to send their applications. Enthralling students need to follow these below-mentioning steps-
- Visit the application page of Teach for India Fellowship 2019.
- Fill your Name, Email Id, Contact Number in order to receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP which will be sent to your mobile number and complete your registration process.
- Log in to your account and confirm your eligibility before start filling your application form.
- Fill up your form with all the necessary details and submit your application.
Selection Process of Teach For India Scholarship
Participants have to qualify the three staged process which will be presented below. The Selection Criteria of Teach for India Scholarship based on the following parameters.
Stage 1: Once the student submits their online application form, a link of an online test called as AMCAT will be sent to the applicant’s registered email id. The one-hour test will completely be focusing on the English language and check the student’s decision-making skills. Students must be completed this test within 4 days from the submitting date of the application form.
Stage 2: Shortlisted Candidates of the Stage 1 test will appear for the next stage i.e. 30 minutes telephonic interview round. In this round students have to answer all the questions.
Stage 3: Qualified winners of telephonic interview round will be invited to appear on the final stage. In this round students need to teach a 5-minute lesson and take part in the different communicating activities such as Group Discussion round, and Problem-solving activities. After this, they will call for a Personal Interview round which will be conducted for the duration of 1 hour.
Subscribe Now for Teach for India Fellowship Latest Updates
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.