IGNOU’s School of Continuing Education (SOCE) has launched a new programme – Diploma in Event Management (DEVMT) on Sunday.
30th July 2018: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched a new programme under its School of Continuing Education (SOCE) – Diploma in Event Management (DEVMT) on Sunday. A press release by the University states that the objective of the new programme is to “professionalise the field of event management.” Thus, the programme aims at equipping learners with the necessary knowledge and skills in one of the rapidly growing industry. As per a statement from IGNOU, "The main objective of the programme is to apply relevant knowledge and skills to the field based on the industry needs and for generating skilled event professionals of the future. The programme helps to orient learners towards creating the 'event experience'."
Candidates who are interested in pursuing the Diploma in Event Management can apply for the admission process. Admissions are open for both the sessions i.e. July 2018 and January 2019. Follow the steps given below for applying for the course:
- Go to the official IGNOU admission website - https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/.
- Click on “Register Yourself” button to begin the registration process.
- Complete the registration process and you will receive your log-in details.
- Log-in again with the log-in details, and complete the application form by selecting the course you want to apply for, paying the fee, and providing other necessary details.
- Save a copy of the completed application form for future references.
The last date to apply for the programme is 31st July 2018.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 level of education (in any stream) are eligible to apply for the exam.
The programme is of 1-year duration and has 32 credits. It includes teaching coordination and marketing conferences, exhibitions, digital, sports, rural, social, cultural, personal, and other events.