Central Board of Secondary Education has opened the Class 12th optional exam application window for those who wish to improve their score.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will allow students to improve their scores of Class 12 exams with the improvement tests. As per the latest updates, CBSE has proposed the idea of conducting optional exams for class 12 students who wish to improve their scores. These optional improvement exams are scheduled to conduct in the month of September. However, the dates are not officially out. Students who were marked on the basis of the alternate assessment scheme can apply online for the improvement test and appear for the exams. The application window for the process of improvement will remain open till 22nd August 2020, upto 5 pm.
The press statement released by CBSE mentioned, “Candidates whose result has been declared based on the assessment scheme in the subjects for which examination was scheduled from 1st July 2020 to 15th July 2020 and wish to improve their performance are eligible for CBSE Class 12 improvement exams.”
The statement further added: “The marks obtained by a candidate in these optional examinations will be treated as final for those who have opted to take these examinations.”
CBSE Class 12th Result Highlights -
The CBSE Class 12 results were declared on 13th July 2020. As many as 10,59,080 have passed the exams out of the total 11,92,961 students. The pass percentage this year for CBSE Class 12 results is 88.78%.
Candidates can download the CBSE improvement exams admit cards from cbse.nic.in once they are released by the board. The details of the application process including improvement form, exam fees are mentioned in the official website of the board.
CBSE Class 12 optional exam – Criteria of eligibility
Candidates whose result have been declared based on the assessment scheme in the subjects for which examination was scheduled from 1st July 2020 to 15th July 2020 and wish to improve their performance are eligible to apply.
CBSE Class 12 Improvement Exam – How to Apply
- Visit the CBSE website -- www.cbse.nic.in and click on the available link designated for improvement exams.
- In the next step, insert your roll numbers, school numbers, centre numbers. as mentioned in the CBSE Class 12 admit cards
- Enter the address and select the subjects.
- Submit the application and note down “Application ID”.
- Upload a recent colour photograph and signature in the prescribed format, which includes Colour Photograph (max size 50 KB; JPG) and Signature (max size 4 KB; JPG)
- Submit the application form.