CBSE Raises Board Exam Fee by 24 Times for SC/ST, Doubles for General Category
CBSE has increased the fees of 10th and 12th board examination by 24 times for SC/ST Students, while double it for General candidates.
The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has increased the fees structure of Class 10 and 12 board examinations for SC and ST students from ₹ 50 to ₹ 1,200. On the other hand, candidates belonging from the General category will now have to pay ₹ 1,500, which is equivalent to the double up the fee.
With the latest announcement, the Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe students, now have to pay ₹ 1,200 for five subjects, while General Category students will now pay ₹ 1,500 for five subjects. As per the official statement said by CBSE senior, “The fees are applicable for both Class 10th and 12th examinations”.
CBSE Fee Norms 2019 – Key Highlights
- CBSE hikes the examination fees of Class 10th and 12th board for SC and ST students by a whopping 24 times which is equivalent from ₹ 50 to ₹ 1,200.
- The amount has been doubled for those who belong to General Category. Those apprentices need to pay ₹ 1,500 as a Board exam fees.
- As per the updates, the migration fees which was ₹ 150 earlier, has been increased to ₹ 350.
- 100 percent visually impaired candidates are exempted from paying CBSE examination fees.
- Earlier, the migration fees were ₹ 150, has also been increased to ₹ 350.
- Students enrolled in CBSE schools in abroad region will now have to pay ₹ 10,000 for five subjects for both Class 10 and 12, which was ₹ 5000 earlier.
The candidates, who fail to deposit the difference in CBSE examination fee before the deadline, will not be allowed to appear in the 2019-20 examination.
Things to Remember -
Some of the important points which a candidate needs to remember are:
- The appearing students for the Class 10 board exams needs to registered for the same when they are in class 9th and those appearing for Class 12 are registered when in Class 11.
- CBSE notified the changes in the fee structure last week and has asked the schools who had already begun the registration process and charged students as per the old fee criteria, to now collect the difference in fee amount.
- Earlier SC/ST students need to pay ₹ 50 for the registration process, while General candidates who were paying ₹ 750 for five subjects.