How To Fill IAS Detailed Application Form (DAF)-I?
The candidates, who clear the IAS prelims exam, need to fill the Detailed Application Form (DAF) for the IAS main exam. The DAF is a very important document and plays a very important role in the IAS Interview and during the service allocation process. It is important because the candidates mention their service preference and state preference in this form only. Based on the information given in the DAF and the IAS vacancies, the services and the state cadres are allotted to the candidates after the IAS result.
In order to fill IAS Detailed Application Form (DAF)-I online, one should need to pay the application fee as set by the UPSC. For General and OBC Candidates Fees is ₹ 200 and there is a total fee exemption for female candidates and SC/ST Candidates.
Follow these steps:
- Visit the authorized UPSC website i.e. upsc.gov.in as the Detailed Application Form has to be filled by the Candidates and have to submit Online.
- Click on the relevant link mentioning on the website.
- Now, enter your login credentials and starting filling the UPSC MAIN DAF form.
- It is necessary to ensure via candidates that all columns should be filled correctly. No correspondence will be entertained by the Commission from candidates to change any of the entries made in the online Detailed Application Form.
Documents To Submit Along With DAF Form –
The candidate should also scan their relevant original documents as listed below in 200 dpi greyscale and convert to a single PDF file up to 3 MB, before filling in the online DAF:-
- Scanned copy of Certificate of age.
- Scanned copy of Certificate(s) of educational qualifications (including a copy of recognition letter/equivalence certificate from AIU / UGC, if applicable).
- Scanned copy of Certificate in support of the claim to belong to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes (where applicable) Annexure VI and VII may be filled online by OBC candidate.
- Scanned copy of Certificate in support of the claim for age relaxation (where applicable).
- Scanned copy of the certificate in support of the claim to being physically challenged (along with the certificate of Disability in Dominant (writing) Extremity, wherever applicable).
- Scanned copy of Hailing from Certificate to show that the candidate hails from Arunachal Pradesh/ Manipur/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Nagaland or Sikkim (where applicable).
- Scanned copy of undertaking for the candidate who is in Government service that he /she has intimated in writing the Head of the Office / Department about his/her appearance in the examination.
- Scanned copies of documentary proof in support of service/status/landholding/income from different sources/property held by parents of OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates.
IAS/ CSE Exam Admit Card 2021
UPSC IAS 2021 admit card will be released three weeks prior to the exam on the official website. Separate admit cards are released for the Preliminary and Main phase examination. All the participants must visit the authorized website of the UPSC to download the admit card. It is advisable for fellow participants to bring their admit cards/hall tickets to the exam center on exam day. Without the admit card, candidates will not be permitted to sit in the examination hall.
Candidates also need to carry the same identity proof to the exam centre as they have mentioned in the application form. As per a recent change, the number of ID proof will be printed on the IAS admit card. So, candidates must carry the ID proof in original for verification purpose. UPSC has done this for more transparency in the IAS exam process. The CSE prelims admit card is the sole authority letter that makes the candidates eligible to appear in the exam.
How to download IAS admit card?
Step 1: Go to the official website of the UPSC- upsc.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the e-admit card for the Civil Services Main e-admit card.
Step 3: A new page showing the e-admit card link for Civil Services main exam 2021.
Step 4: On clicking above, a new page showing the e-admit link will appear on the screen.
Step 5: On clicking above, an instruction page will open.
Step 6: Read the instructions fully and click on the yes button given at the bottom.
Step 7: Log in with the registration number or roll number.
Step 8: After logging in, the candidates can see and download their UPSC admit card.
Step 9: Take two printouts of the UPSC admit card for future reference.
Civil Service Examination Result 2021
The Commission will release the Civil Services 2021 result separately for the Preliminary and Main phase exam. The result will be released in pdf format. One should note that the marks, cut off marks and answer keys of the qualified candidates will be uploaded on the official website only after the final result of the exam is announced.
Candidates can obtain and check their UPSC IAS 2021 results on the official website of the commission. The sarkari result can be accessed only through the official website.
How to check the IAS Result 2021?
The candidates can check the IAS result in the following way
- Go to the official website - upsc.gov.in.
- The UPSC Prelims/ Mains Result 2021 link will appear on the home screen, click on it.
- On clicking above, the "Result: Civil Services (Preliminary)/ (Mains) Exam 2021" link will appear.
- Click on the link as appears above, The UPSC IAS Prelims/ Mains 2021 Result will open.
- Search the roll number in the UPSC Result pdf.
- Download the UPSC IAS Prelims/ Mains result 2021 pdf for future reference.
UPSC IAS/CSE 2021 Exam Frequently Asked Questions - Click Here.