How To Fill IAS Detailed Application Form (DAF)-I?
The candidates, who clear the IAS prelims exam released on 23rd October 2020, need to fill the Detailed Application Form (DAF) for the IAS main exam. The DAF is a very important document and plays a very important role in the IAS Interview and during the service allocation process. It is important because the candidates mention his service preference and state preference in this form only. Based on the information given in the DAF and the IAS vacancies, the services and the state cadres are allotted to the candidates after the IAS result.
In order to fill IAS Detailed Application Form (DAF)-I online, one should need to pay the application fee as set by the UPSC. For General and OBC Candidates Fees is ₹ 200 and there is a total fee exemption for female candidates and SC/ST Candidates.
Follow these steps:
- Visit the authorized UPSC website i.e. upsc.gov.in as the Detailed Application Form has to be filled by the Candidates and have to submit Online.
- Click on the relevant link mentioning on the website.
- Now, enter your login credentials and starting filling UPSC MAIN DAF form.
- It is necessary to ensure via candidates that all columns should be filled correctly. No correspondence will be entertained by the Commission from candidates to change any of the entries made in the online Detailed Application Form.
Documents To Submit Along With DAF Form –
The candidate should also scan their relevant original documents as listed below in 200 dpi grey scale and convert to a single PDF file up to 3 MB, before filling in the online DAF:-
- Scanned copy of Certificate of age.
- Scanned copy of Certificate(s) of educational qualifications (including a copy of recognition letter/equivalence certificate from AIU / UGC, if applicable).
- Scanned copy of Certificate in support of the claim to belong to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes (where applicable) Annexure VI and VII may be filled online by OBC candidate.
- Scanned copy of Certificate in support of the claim for age relaxation (where applicable).
- Scanned copy of the certificate in support of the claim to being physically challenged (along with the certificate of Disability in Dominant (writing) Extremity, wherever applicable).
- Scanned copy of Hailing from Certificate to show that the candidate hails from Arunachal Pradesh/ Manipur/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Nagaland or Sikkim (where applicable).
- Scanned copy of undertaking for the candidate who is in Government service that he /she has intimated in writing the Head of the Office / Department about his/her appearance in the examination.
- Scanned copies of documentary proof in support of service/status/landholding/income from different sources/property held by parents of OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates.
IAS/CSE Exam Admit Card 2020
UPSC IAS 2020 admit card for the mains exam was released on 17th December 2020 for the exam held on 08th January 2021 onwards. UPSC has changed the format of the IAS admit card 2020 and for the first time, it also included the identity card number. All the participants must have to visit the authorized website of the UPSC to download the admit card. It is advisable to the fellow participants to bring their admit cards/hall tickets in the premises of the exam center during the time of examination. Without admit card, a student is not permitted to sit in the examination hall.
The candidates need to carry the same identity proof to the exam centre. This is a recent change that the number of ID proof is printed on the IAS admit card. UPSC has done this for more transparency in the IAS exam process. The IAS prelims admit card is the sole authority letter which makes the candidates eligible to appear in the exam.
How to download IAS admit card?
Step 1: Go to the official website of the UPSC- upsc.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the e-admit card for the Civil Services Main e-admit card.
Step 3: A new page showing the e-admit card link for Civil Services main exam 2020.
Step 4: On clicking above, a new page showing e-admit link will appear on the screen.
Step 5: On clicking above, an instruction page will open.
Step 6: Read the instructions fully and click on the yes button given at the bottom.
Step 7: Log in with the registration number or roll number.
Step 8: After logging in, the candidates can see and download their UPSC admit card.
Step 9: Take two printouts of the UPSC admit card for future reference.
IAS/CSE Exam Result 2020
The Commission has released the Civil Services Preliminary 2020 result on 23rd October 2020. Aspirants are advised to save the pdf files until the final result came out. One should note that the marks, cut off marks and answer keys of screening test held through CS (P) Examination, 2020 will be uploaded on the official website only after the final result of the exam.
Candidates can obtain and check their UPSC IAS 2020 results on the official website of the commission. In order to check their results, apprentices need to enter their Registration Number and DOB that they have filled while participating in the UPSC IAS 2020 application process to check and download the final results. The results can be accessed by digital mode only.
How to check the IAS Result 2020?
The candidates can check the IAS result in the following way
- Go to the official website - upsc.gov.in.
- The UPSC Prelims Result 2020 link will appear on the home screen, click on it.
- On clicking above, "Result: Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2020" link will appear.
- Click on the link as appear above, The UPSC IAS Prelims 2020 Result will open.
- Search the roll number in the UPSC Result pdf.
- Download the UPSC IAS Prelims result 2020 pdf for future reference.
UPSC IAS/CSE Exam Frequently Asked Qeuestions - Click Here.