The Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering was established by the St. Xavier Pillar in 1984. The college was founded as one of the arm of the Fr. Angel Technical Complex, Bandra, Mumbai. Thus, it is also popularly referred as Fr. Agnel Bandra. The first course to be introduced in the collegen was Production Engineering. The college started its journey with 60 students. Today, it has grown into a full-fledged engineering college with numbers of engineering branches. It offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
The Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering is counted among one of the finest colleges of engineering of Maharashtra.
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering: Affiliations and Accreditations
- The college is affiliated with the University of Mumbai.
- The college is accredited by the AICTE.
- The Department of Technical Education of Maharashtra has given it ‘Grade A’.
- The college is a non-autonomous minority institution.
- The NIRF, Ministry of Human Resource Development has given it a place among the top 200 engineering colleges of India.
- The ‘Education World’ has assigned 48th position to the college among the private engineering colleges of India and 6th among the Maharashtra colleges of engineering.
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering: On-Campus Facilities
The students have access to library, laboratories, internet, sports clubs, hostels, and canteen. The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled. There is an e-learning facilities for students.
Computing – There are 450 terminals connecting whole campus. All terminals are connected to LAN.
Library – There are around 31,000 books in the library. The total area of the library is 400 square meters. At a time 100 students can sit and study in the library. The college has a nine-storeyed building for administration and academic purpose.
Hostel – The College has started purchasing flats to provide lodging facilities to students. The students are charged a nominal lodging fee of ₹ 4, 500 only.
Annual Festivals & Activities
The college hold debate named Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Memorial debate annually. It is a national level debate in which participants are invited from around the country.
- Crescendo – It is an annual technical festival of the college.
CRCEites – This is the annual cultural festival of the college.