List of IGNOU Bachelor’s Programme through Distance Learning Mode
Published on : 4th January 2018
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is among the leading names in Open and Distance Education. Established in the year 1985 and headquartered in New Delhi, the University has made a significant contribution in higher and professional education within a short span of time. Offering high-quality, need-based, economical and innovative programmes in different disciplines and various levels have made the University popular among students in India and overseas.
The university is catering to the needs of millions of students through a network of 67 regional centres, 2667 study centres and 29 overseas centres which are located across 15 countries.
IGNOU offers various Bachelor’s degree courses in different disciplines. The University’s undergraduate level programmes are very popular among those living in remote areas, working class and other students. Here is the list of IGNOU Bachelor’s courses which can be completed through distance learning mode:
IGNOU Distance Learning Programmes – Undergradute Courses
- Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hindi) (BA (HN)
- Bachelor of Arts (English) (BA (Eng)
- Bachelor of Arts (Urdu) (BA (Urdu)
- Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies) (BTS)
- Bachelor of Science (Hospitality and Hotel Administration) (BHM)
- BSc Nursing (Post Basic) (BScN (PB))
- BSc (Hons) in Optometry & Ophthalmic Techniques (BSCHOT)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- B.Com with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration (BCom CA&A)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Major in Accountancy and Finance (B.Com A&F)
- B.Com with Major in Financial and Cost Accounting (BCom F&CA)
- BBA in Retailing (BBA (Retailing))
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
The eligibility criteria for all the Bachelor’s degree programme through IGNOU is 10+2 level or equivalent level of education. The candidates who have completed the Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP) from IGNOU are also eligible to apply for the undergraduate courses through distance learning.
BPP programme is a boon for those students who were unable to receive formal education till 10+2 level. By enrolling into the programme, candidates are prepared for bachelor’s courses. However, this course is not considered equivalent to 10+2 level of education.
There is no limit for minimum and maximum age to enroll into these courses.
So, whether you are living in any remote area, working or not able to pursue education after class 12 due to any reason, you can look up to IGNOU and pursue higher education along with your job or from your home.