PM Scholarship Scheme 2019 - Application Form, Last Date for Application, Eligibility & Benefits
The online applications for PM Scholarship Scheme 2019 have been started. Interested students can apply for the same by visiting the official website and enrol themselves for the beneficiary scheme. Through the ideal scholarship scheme taken by Prime Minister of India, the central government tends to improve the education quality and grant several fellowship schemes to the much-needed candidates for better future opportunities.
The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019 is meant for the widows and dependent wards of the Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifle personnel. To overcome the illiteracy rate in India, the scholarship aims to provide financial support to the meritorious candidates and enables them to pursue a technical or professional course. In this article, we have mentioned every single information in terms of eligibility pattern, registration process, and other useful aspects related to Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019. Read the complete piece of writing below.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019: Key Highlights
The complete details of PM Scholarship Scheme 2019 Key Highlights are mentioned down below:
PM Scholarship Scheme 2019
Number of the Scholarship
Duration of the Scholarship
Scroll left or right to view full table
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019 Benefits
Those applicants who get selected for this scholarship get –
- Girl students receive ₹ 27,000 annually. It is given to them on a monthly basis in the stipend form of ₹ 2250.
- Boy students receive ₹ 24,000 annually. It is given to them on a monthly basis in the stipend form of ₹ 2000.
Eligibility for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019
- Applicant should have obtained the minimum educational qualifications. He/ she should have taken admission in any professional or technical courses in any recognised colleges of India. For example, the student can get the scholarship for pursuing M.B.B.S, B. Tech, B.E, MBA etc.
- The colleges from where students are pursuing the professional/ technical education should be recognised either by the UGC (University Grant Commission), AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education), or MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Those applicants who have taken lateral admission are also eligible for this scholarship.
- In case of Integrated courses like BA + B. Ed scholarship will be paid only for the first 3 years.
- The scholarship can be availed by students for pursuing professional/ technical courses after10+2/ Diploma, Bachelor, or Post- Graduation.
- An applicant should have a minimum aggregate score of 60% marks at the 10+2 level, Bachelor level, or Post- Graduation level.
- Conditions for consideration of widows and wards of the CAPF/ AR personnel –
- The personnel should have lost his life while serving the government of India like during election duty.
- The widows and wards of the gallantry award winner CAPF and AF personnel.
- For personnel below officer rank – wards and widows of the personnel below officer’s rank serving or ex are eligible for the scholarship.
- The student applying for the renewal of the scholarship should have a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks in professional/technical courses.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019: Selection Criteria
Applicants are shortlisted for the scholarship on the basis of the following order of the preference –
- Category ‘A’ – Widows and wards of the CAPF and AF personnel who are killed during duty.
- Category ‘B’ – Widows and wards of the disabled Ex- CAPF and AF.
- Category ‘C’- Widows and wards of the CAPF and AF personnel who have died being on the election duty.
- Category ‘D’ - Widows and wards of the CAPF and AF personnel who have suffered disability while serving the government.
- Category ‘E’- Wards of the Ex- CAPF and AF personnel who are in receipt of the gallantry award.
- Category ‘F’- Wards of the Ex- CAPF and AF personnel.
- Category ‘G’ – Wards of the serving CAPF and AF personnel.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019: How to Apply
Interested students can apply for the scholarship online. They should visit the NSP (National Scholarship Portal) simply by typing www.scholarships.gov.in. and follow the steps as described down-below:
- Visit the official website of PM Scholarship Scheme 2019.
- On the homepage, click on ‘Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF’.
- After this, tap on the ‘Apply’ button to complete the registration process.
- Now, fill the necessary details and submit it.
Note: Students will receive a Registration ID in the registered mobile number or verified email address.
- Use the Registration ID to fill the application form.
- Once you filled the form, upload all the important documents along with the application form.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ tab and complete the application process.
Documents required to be submitted by the Fresh Applicants
- Scanned copies of the Mark sheets/ certificates of the MEQ (Minimum educational qualification)
- Death Certificate (mandatory for applicants under A and C category)
- Disability Certificate (mandatory for applicants under B and D category)
- Gallantry Award Certificate (mandatory for applicants under E category)
- Discharge Certificate/ Book/PPO (mandatory for applicants under A and F category)
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme: Payment of the Scholarship
- The beneficiary students should have a valid ‘Aadhaar’ linked bank account in the Public Sector Banks to avail the benefit.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory to avail benefits under the scholarship.
The scholarship amount is transferred directly into the beneficiary bank account under the DBT (Direct- Benefit- Transfer) programme.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2019: Important Dates
Check out the important dates of PM Scholarship Scheme 2019 as under:
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2019 Events
Dates to be Remembered
Last date to apply for PM Scholarship Scheme 2019
15th October 2019
Verification of application
Merit list preparation for PM Scholarship Scheme 2019
Payment file generation
Announcement of Scholarship Winners
Disbursement of Fellowship Amount
Dispatch of a personal letter from Honorable Prime Minister of India inappropriate language from WARB/CAPFs/AR
Scroll left or right to view full table
Note: The above-mentioned dates are written on a tentative basis for this year. This may change as per the norms and dates of the organizing committee of PM Scholarship 2019.
Renewal Process of PM Scholarship Scheme 2019
In order to renew the fellowship scheme, aspirants need to for the same by login their account using Registration ID and click on ‘Renew’ button. After this, applicants need to enter all the asked details in the provided space. Thereafter all the candidates need to submit their documents along with the Prime Minister Scholarship application form 2019.
Documents required to be submitted for the Renewal of the scholarship
- Scanned copies of the Mark sheets/ certificates of the MEQ (Minimum educational qualification).
- A copy of the first page of the bank passbook of the student.
- Address proof.
- In the case of the serving personnel, the certificate issued by the H.O.O should be submitted.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2019 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. Can I send an application for PM Scholarship through offline mode?
A. No, you can apply for the scholarship scheme only through online medium. All you need to do is visit the NSP portal and fill the application form of the scholarship.
Q. What is the last date to apply for PM Scholarship 2019?
A. Interested candidates can apply for the scheme on or before the last date i.e. 15 October 2019.
Q. Who can apply for the PM Scholarship 2019?
A. Students who are in the first year of their professional course are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Q. Is this scholarship is applicable for students outside India?
A. No, the scholarship is applicable for only much-needed Indian students.
Q. What are the eligibility norms one should follow to get the benefits properly?
A. Applicant must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in each semester of the college to pursue the benefits of PM scholarships.
Q. What is the duration of this fellowship programme?
A. The duration of the fellowship is depending on your course, but normally it is valid from 1 to 5 years.
Q. Do Civilians and wards of Para-Military personnel are eligible for this scholarship?
A. No, as per the norms the scholarship is available for widows of Ex/Servicing RPF/CAPF/RPSF.