Know All Steps to Fill the IFS 2018 Application Form
UPSC conducts the Indian Forest Service exam every year. This exam is conducted on an all India basis. The IFS Preliminary exam is same as the Civil Services Preliminary exam. Interested candidates need not to apply for the IFS exam separately. There is no separate application form for the IFS exam at the preliminary stage. Candidates can apply for the exam through the CSE / IAS Preliminary exam. Those candidates who qualify the CSE/IAS Prelims exam become eligible to appear in the IFS Mains exam.
In case, a candidate intends to appear in both IFS Mains Exam and CSE Mains exams, then he/she should declare it clearly on the application form. After qualifying the IFS Mains exam, a candidate should fill in a separate detailed application form as per the instructions of the commission.
Read this article to know in detail about the IFS 2018 Application Process -
IFS 2018 Application Process
Candidates can apply for the IFS or CSE/ IAS Prelims exam online. There are two parts of the application form, namely, Part 1 and Part 2. Candidates should fill both parts of the IFS 2018 application form. Some students who are attempting the exam for the second or third time have experience of filling the online application form. But if you are a first timer then its utmost important that you should read instructions carefully. Here we are giving steps in general and highlighting some of the most important points while filling the IFS 2018 application form–
- They should visit the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
- By clicking on this link, candidates will be taken to theCSE 2018 Prelims online application.
- There are two parts of the CSE/ IAS or IFS 2018 application form, namely, Part 1 and Part 2.
How to fill the Registration - Part 1(IFS 2018 Application Process)
- Here they are required to fill the Part -1 of the application. In this part, candidates are asked to provide their basic details like Name, Date of birth, address, Category etc.
- One of the most important thing in this part is to specify correctly the exam for which you are applying. Candidates are given three options –
- Civil Services Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- Civil Service Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination
- Candidates should select any one of the options from the above-given options.
- After specifying the exam, candidates should click on the ‘continue’ button. On the next page, candidates should declare if they want age-relaxation or not.
- The succeeding page of application form should be filled in very carefully as it is meant for the CSE/ IFS Mains exam. In this page, candidates are required to make choice for -
- Mains exam centre
- Optional subjects (Paper 6 and Paper 7) for the Mains exam
- Language for the exam (from Paper 1 to Paper 7)
- Language for the Compulsory Paper A
It is should be noted by the candidates that after filling and submitting this page, no corrections can be done at the later stages. So it should be checked by the candidates for multiple times. If they spot any error then by clicking on the ‘Update’ button they can rectify the error.
After submitting the Part 1 of the IFS 2018 application form, candidates will be given RID (Registration ID). They should note it down for any future communication with the commission.It will be sent to the candidates registered email id and mobile number.
How to fill Registration-Part-2 (IFS 2018 application form) –
Candidates are required to fill the Part-2 of application also. Without filling this part of the IFS 2018 application form, applications will be incomplete and get rejected.
- In this part, candidates should select the examination centre, pay the application fee, and upload the scanned copies of Photo and Signature. It has four stages.
- In stage 1, candidates should fill about the payment details. They should pay the application fee 100rs (except female, PH/SC/ST candidates). They are not charged any fee for the exam. It can be paid online as well as offline. Online it can be paid through the net banking, credit card, or debit card. Offline, it can be paid by depositing fee in cash at any SBI bank branch.
- In stage 2, candidates should select the examination centre for the IFS 2018 exam.
- In the 3rd stage, they should upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the JPG format. The size of the files should be between 3KB to 40 KB.
Finally,candidates should agree to declaration and countersign the CSE or IFS 2018 application form.