IFS 2022 Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Nationality, Qualification
The official notification for the IFS 2022 Exam has been released on 02nd February 2022. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has published the annual calendar of exams for the year 2022. As per the calendar, the last date for the receipt of the application form for the CSE or IFS 2022 Preliminary exam is 22nd February 2022. The exam is scheduled to be held on 5th June 2022.
Applicants should read the IFS 2022 eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the exam. It is important that an applicant fulfils all eligibility conditions for the exam. Otherwise, the candidature of the applicant will get cancelled by the commission. Read this article to know about the IFS 2022 eligibility criteria in detail.
IFS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- A candidate can also be a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, or Refugee of Tibet, provided that he/she has been issued a certificate of eligibility by the Government of India. Such candidates should also have migrated to India with an intention to settle down permanently.
- A candidate can also be a migrant to India from other countries of Pakistan, Burma, Sri- Lanka or East African countries (Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia) and Vietnam, provided they have migrated to India with an intention to settle down here permanently. They should also have been issued a certificate of eligibility by the Government of India.
A candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the any recognized university of India with at least one of the following subjects-
- Animal Husbandry
- Veterinary Science
- Those universities which have been created by the Central or State legislature or by the act of Parliament will be considered as the recognized universities.
- Those candidates who are appearing in the final year of the exam are also eligible to apply for the IFS 2022 Preliminary exam. But in order to appear in the IFS/ CSE 2022 Mains exam, candidates will be required to produce the passing certificate to the commission. The passing certificate should be attached with the IFS 2022 application form. The IFS Mains application form will be available online in the month of July.
- A candidate with an equivalent degree must produce a certificate issued by the University stating that the equivalent degree is at par with the Bachelor’s degree while submitting the Mains application form to the commission.
- A candidate should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 32 years.
- Age relaxation in the Upper age limit bar is given for certain categories of candidates. Check below for the IFS 2022 eligibility criteria for age –
Category of Candidate
Age- relaxation(Numbers of Years)
Jammu and Kashmir candidates
Disabled Defense services personnel during the war
Ex-Servicemen in the Military (including commissioned officers and ECOs and SSCO’s)
Scroll left or right to view full table
Number of Attempts
Before applying for the exam, candidates should check the IFS 2022 eligibility criteria for the number of attempts.
- A General Category candidate can take up a maximum of 6 attempts for the exam.
- An OBC candidate can take up to 9 attempts for the exam.
(The above-mentioned limits on the number of attempts do not apply for the SC/ ST/ PH candidates).