Get the Revised IFS 2018 Preliminary Syllabus
Published on : 22nd November 2017 Author : Tanvi Mittal
Indian Forest Service is one of the coveted services of India. It can be equated with other services like IAS, and IPS. The IFS Exam is an all India service just like the IAS, and IPS. The IFS officers are conferred lots of power within the circle of their operation. They can function independently of the state government within their forest zone.
Every year more than 5 lakhs students appear in the IFS exam. Aspirants appearing in the IFS 2018 Exam should work hard as the level of competition is high, almost similar to the CSE/IAS exam. The IFS Prelims exam is same as that of the CSE/IAS Prelims exam. Those students who qualify the Preliminary exam are required to appear in the IFS Mains exam which is conducted separately from the CSE/ IAS Mains exam.
Aspirants of the IFS 2018 exam should begin their preparation for the exam with IFS 2018 syllabus.
IFS 2018 Exam
There are 3 stages in the IFS exam, namely –
- Preliminary Exam (Same as the CSE/ IAS exam)
- Mains Exam
IFS 2018 Exam Syllabus-
IFS Preliminary Exam Syllabus
There are two papers in the CSE/IAS or IFS Preliminary exam, namely –
Paper 1: General Awareness
Paper 2: CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
- Each paper carries 200 marks.
- Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
- Paper 2 is a qualifying paper. A candidate should score at least 33% marks to qualify this paper.
IFS Preliminary 2018 Exam SyllabusofPaper 1
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity and Governance –
- Political System
- Public Policy
- Panchayati Raj
- Rights Issues, etc.
- Indian and World Geography –
- Economic Geography of the World
- Economic Geography of India
- General issues -
- Environmental Ecology
- General Science
- Climate Change (that do not require subject specialization)
- Economic and Social Development –
- Sustainable Development
- Social Sector initiatives, etc.
IFS Preliminary 2018 Exam Syllabus of Paper 2
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.- Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)