IFS 2019 Examination - Latest Syllabus for Preliminary Phase
Published on : 22nd January 2020 Author : Tanvi Mittal
Indian Forest Service is one of the coveted services of India. It can be equated with other services like IAS, and IPS. The IFS Exam is an all India service just like the IAS, and IPS. The IFS officers are conferred lots of power within the circle of their operation. They can function independently of the state government within their forest zone.
Every year more than 5 lakhs students appear in the IFS exam. Aspirants appearing in the IFS 2019 Exam should work hard as the level of competition is high, almost similar to the CSE/IAS exam. The IFS Prelims exam is the same as that of the CSE/IAS Prelims exam. Those students who qualify the Preliminary exam are required to appear in the IFS Main exam which is conducted separately from the CSE/ IAS Main exam.
Aspirants of the IFS 2019 exam should begin their preparation for the exam with IFS 2019 syllabus.
There are 3 stages in the IFS exam, namely –
- Preliminary Exam (Same as the CSE/ IAS exam)
- Main Exam
IFS 2019 Exam Syllabus
In the article here, we will be covering the IFS 2019 syllabus for the Preliminary phase.
IFS Preliminary Exam Pattern
There are two papers in the CSE/IAS or IFS Preliminary exam, namely –
- Paper 1: General Awareness
- Paper 2: CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Each paper carries 200 marks.
Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
Paper 2 is a qualifying paper. A candidate should score at least 33% marks to qualify this paper.
IFS 2019 Exam Preliminary Phase Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper 1
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity and Governance –
- Political System
- Public Policy
- Panchayati Raj
- Rights Issues, etc.
- Indian and World Geography –
- Economic Geography of the World
- Economic Geography of India
- General issues -
- Environmental Ecology
- General Science
- Climate Change (that do not require subject specialization)
- Economic and Social Development –
- Sustainable Development
- Social Sector initiatives, etc.
Syllabus for Paper 2
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.- Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)