The eligibility criteria for an Air-hostess job may seem easy and simple, but it isn’t. Two types of criteria that are required to be met by a candidate before getting enrolled for Air hostess/Flight Steward Training, first is, candidates education qualification and the other is his/her personality. To understand the requirements in details lets follow the guide provided below.
Educational Qualification to Become an Air Hostess/ Flight Steward
Interested candidates can enrol in an Air hostess/Flight steward training institute to pursue a degree, diploma or certificate course right after completing their Class 12th. However, if they are looking to pursue a PG Air hostess course, then they would need to complete their graduation(any stream) and then enrol for the course.
Some air hostess academies offer courses after 10th as well, it is recommended to pursue the Course After Completing 10+2. Also, it is essential to have a good command over English and Hindi language. If a candidate knows a foreign language, that gives him/her an added advantage.
Other Criteria Required for an Air Hostess/ Flight Steward Job
Apart from the above-mentioned educational qualification, there are some more eligibility criteria which are required to be met by the candidate to enrol in an Air hostess training institute. Following are the criteria:
- Candidates age must be between 19 to 27 years, and it's prefered that candidates are not married.
- The height of candidates applying for being an Air hostess must be at least 5 feet 2 inches and height of candidates applying for being Flight steward must be 5 feet 10 inches, but the requirement may vary as per different airlines.
- Candidates weight must be proportionate to their height.
- Candidates must not be suffering from any major disease, and there should be no history of mental illness.
- Candidates complexion must be fair to clear, and eyesight must be perfect, i.e. 6/6.
- Candidates must be eligible for an Indian passport.
In addition to the above, the following skills & attributes are also considered necessary. Candidates are groomed for these skills in the Air hostess training institutes. Below are the few of the skills deemed essential.
- Pleasing personality
- Positive attitude
- Communication and interactive skills
- Ability to handle the pressure
- Presence of mind
- Patience to work for the extended schedule
- Team spirit
If a candidate thinks he/she can fulfil all these criteria, then they have all the chances of realising their dream to be a Flight steward/Air hostess.