Air Hostess Job After 12th: Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, How to Prepare & Apply
Being an Air hostess/ Flight Steward is considered to be one of the most lucrative and attractive career opportunities in India. You don’t need to be highly qualified for it or spend years in training to get an air hostess/ flight steward job. A diploma from a reputed institute and a good personality is all you need. To know about the benefits, eligibility criteria, how to prepare and also about how to apply for an Air hostess/ Flight Steward job after 12th, refer to the information provided below:
Benefits of being an Air Hostess/Flight Steward
- Opportunities to visit different locations/ countries
- Excellent Pay Scale
- Job satisfaction
- Medical benefits
- Free clothing and accessories
- Less working days
- Travelling allowances for the family
Eligibility Criteria for Air Hostess/Flight Steward Job
- Candidate must be fluent in English communication.
- Candidate age should be between 19 to 27 years.
- Candidate must have completed 10+2 with degree/diploma in hospitality and tourism management.
- Candidate minimum height of the candidate applying for being an air hostess is 5 feet 2 inches, and for being a flight steward is 5 meter 10 inches.
- Candidate weight should be proportionate to the height.
- Candidate must be eligible for Indian Passport.
- Candidate eyesight must be perfect. It must be 6/6 vision.
- Candidate must be medically fit.
- Candidate complexion must be clear to fair.
- Candidate must have a good personality.
How to prepare for getting Air Hostess/Flight Steward Job After 12th
If any candidate meets the above-given eligibility criteria, he/she can apply for the flight steward/air hostess job after completing his/her class 12th (10+2). To apply for the job, a candidate has to prepare, he/she needs to enrol in an Air hostess Academy or any other institute. These institutes would provide them with the training in the various areas that are considered important from the Airlines’ perspective. Following are some of the aspects which are considered important.
- Customer Handling
- Communication Skills
- In-flight Service.
- Body Language
- Make- up
- Appearance and Postures.
- Voice Modulation
- Active Listening.
- Complaint Handling
- Knowledge of Airlines (International and Domestic)
Without learning the above-given aspects, it is difficult to get an air hostess/flight steward job. Following are some of the institutes for Air hostess training that offer quality training under experienced professionals’ guidance.
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
- Air hostess Academy (AHA)
- Kingfisher Training Academy
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics
- Universal Aviation Academy
- Jet Airways Training Academy
- Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation
Once the candidate has completed the course from such institutes, he/she can apply for the flight steward/air hostess job in various airlines. Moreover, some of the institutes also offer placement to the candidates in the reputed airlines.
How to Apply for Air Hostess/Flight Steward Job After 12th
Once the candidate has obtained any degree/diploma/certificate from any of the institutes listed above, they can apply for the vacancies available with various airlines. If shortlisted, they would be called for interviews. On selection, the candidates will undergo training conducted by the airlines themselves. This training is generally conducted for 6 months. On completion of this on-job training, they would start with the actual job.
What Is the Selection Procedure?
The selection procedure for becoming an air hostess/flight steward includes a screening test, written test, group discussion and personal interview. If the candidate does well and clears all stages of the selection procedure, he/she would be recruited as a trainee. The training would last for a maximum period of 6 months.