IBPS Specialist Officer Exam 2018 – IBPS SO Online Application Process
Published on : 30th October 2018 Author : Himanshu Basant Bhatt
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the Common Recruitment Process for the selection of Specialist Officers in the participating organizations. The recruitment process comprises of Preliminary, Main, and Interview phases. For the year 2018, the official notification for the IBPS SO exam has been released and the Preliminary phase examination is scheduled to be conducted on 29th and 30th December 2018. For candidates who will qualify the Preliminary examination, the Main exam will be conducted on 27th January 2019.
The recruitment will be done for the following posts:
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)
- I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- Law Officer (Scale-I)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)
- Marketing Office (Scale-I)
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)
The eligibility criteria for every post differ so candidates have to ensure that they are eligible for the post they are applying for. Check the detailed eligibility criteria in the official advertisement before applying for the exam. Eligible and interested candidates are required to apply for the specialist officers’ posts through the official IBPS website. The application will not be accepted through any other mode. Here is the complete procedure for IBPS SO application form submission.
IBPS SO Application Process 2018
The online application process will begin on 6th November and will continue till 26th November 2018. Here are the pre-requisites for submitting the application form:
- Scan image of the candidate’s recent photograph (4.5cm x 3.5cm)
- Scan image of the candidate’s signature
- Scan image of left thumb impression
- Scan image of a hand-written declaration. Here is the text to be written in the hand-written declaration (in English only):
“I ________ (name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as well when required.”
- Details for online fee payment
- Valid email-ID and phone number
Steps to apply for the IBPS SO 2018 exam
- Go to the official IBPS website - https://www.ibps.in/.
- Click on the CRP-Specialist Officer (CRP-SPL-VIII) link on the home-page.
- Follow the steps to reach the candidate’s login page.
- Click on ‘CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION’ link and provide the details to complete the registration process.
- You will receive an email and SMS indicating your registration number and password.
- Go to the candidate’s login page and enter your registration ID and password to log-in.
- Complete the application form by entering the details, uploading the scanned images of photograph, signature, left thumb impression, and hand-written declaration, etc.
- Fill all the details carefully as no changes will be allowed after the final submission of the application form.
- Pay the application fee and on successful completion of the transaction, take a printout of the e-receipt.
Application fee can be paid only through the online mode from 6th to 26th November 2018. Here are the fee details:
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates – ₹ 100/-
- For all others – ₹ 600/-
Additional bank transaction charges will be paid by the candidate.
Please note (as stated in the official advertisement): “An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.”
After the application process is successful, take a printout of the system generated online application form. Pleases do not send the printout of the application form to IBPS. Email intimation will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id and mobile number on successful registration. As per the official advertisement, “If candidates do not receive the email and SMS intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.”
It is advised to apply well before the last date of application submission to avoid last minute rush on the official website.