5 Easy-peasy Methods to Prepare & Score Better in English Paper for Bank Exams
Published on : 25th May 2018 Author : Satyaranjan Bai
Did you know that all banking and SSC competitive entrance examinations have one common subject? It is the English Language test. Often considered as the easiest subject to score, many aspirants fail to fetch good marks.
This is an undeniable fact that the English language has made a significant presence in India. Be it the banking sector or IT or any government and private jobs; the candidate must showcase his impeccable skills in English. At least, he or she should be blessed with the basic knowledge required for easy communication with customers and clients. Such is the importance of the language that government has introduced compulsory English right from Class I. Since you are a bank job aspirant and are looking forward to working with a prestigious firm, hone your English skills.
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.
Whether you are preparing for a Specialist Officer or a Probationary Officer, unless you display immaculate English knowledge, it is a tough task to score well in bank exams. To help you prepare better and score high in the English paper, here we have compiled a few easy-peasy, innovative methods to clear this particular section.
- Work on the Basics: Yes, basics like the correct usage of propositions, articles, phrases and idioms, etc. To have command over the language, be sure that you got the basics clear. Some of the important aspects that need not be overlooked are vocabulary questions (sentence completion, synonyms, word formation, antonyms, homonyms, etc.), grammar (active voice, passive voice, direct speech, indirect speech, etc.), phrases and idioms, articles, prepositions, one word substitutions, sentence improvement, spelling, fill in the blanks, comprehensions (passage completion, theme detection, etc.), etc.
- Understand the Level of Question: You just can’t prepare anything unless you have adequate knowledge about the question level. Remember that banks like SBI and IBPS ask questions of the graduation level. The candidates must be thorough in English as the MCQs comprise answers that would look confusing. Just work on the rules and be correct with the grammar usage.
- Concentrate More on Magazines & Newspapers: Who says that only retired school teachers and government employees read newspapers? Reading is a habit that everyone should develop. Reading is the ultimate pleasure and he who tastes it can never quit. Start with light-hearted books – it brings your English preparation for bank exams on the right track. Reading enhances your vocabulary.
- Solve Sample Papers: One of the most recommended advises that every IBPS PO aspirant or SBI PO applicant must stick to is the solving of previous years’ sample papers. Analyse the level of skills by taking the mock papers.
- Stay Healthy: Though your body doesn’t exert too much physical energy, your mind does. Hence, you need to relax your mind, heart and body. Take ample rest as there would so much interaction and involvement with books.
Boosted now? Use these 5 practical tips to prepare English for bank exams.