SSC MTS exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) staff. It is a popular exam among 10th pass students to secure a non-ministerial, non-gazetted post in various government departments. Multi Tasking Staff comes under the Payband-1 (₹ 5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay ₹ 1800. The salary would vary as per location, allowances, etc. In this article, we will be discussing about SSC MTS exam syllabus, dates, eligibility, application process, result, etc.
What is SSC MTS?
SSC MTS or you can say Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination is a national level exam held by SSC for recruitment of candidates in General Central Service Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts in various ministries, departments and offices of Government of India. Candidates recruited as multi-tasking staff by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) get numerous benefits in terms of salary and other life-time allowances. Go through this page to know more about SSC MTS exam.
The job profile of such staff is described as under:
- Physical maintenance of records of the section.
- Carrying of files & other papers within the building.
- Other non-clerical work in the Sections/Unit.
- Photocopying, sending of FAX etc.
- Assisting in routine office work like a diary, dispatch etc. including on computer.
- General cleanliness & upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Delivering of Dak (letters) (inside & outside the building)
- Opening & closing of rooms.
- Watch & ward duties.
- Cleaning of the building, fixture etc.
- The dusting of furniture etc.
- Cleaning of rooms.
- Driving of vehicles (if in possession of the valid driving license)
- Work related to his ITI qualification (if it exists)
- Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
- Any other work assigned by superior authority.
SSC MTS Latest Updates - The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) was all set to release a notification regarding SSC MTS 2020 recruitment drive. But due to some unavoidable situation, it has been postponed till further details. Candidates are advised to visit this page regularly, so you will be able to get all the latest information regarding SSC MTS 2020 notification, dates, vacancies, etc. with such ease.
SSC MTS 2020 Notification (Postponed) –
Going by the SSC Exam Calendar for 2020 year, the SSC MTS 2020 registration window was supposed to open from 02nd June to 15th July 2020. But due to rising cases of COVID-19 infection in India, the SSC MTS is going to publish the SSC MTS 2020 notification in the second week of July, this year.