SSC MTS exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) staff. It is a popular exam among 10th pass students to secure a non-ministerial, non-gazetted post in various government departments. Multi Tasking Staff comes under the Payband-1 (₹5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay ₹1800. The salary would vary as per location, allowances, etc.
The job profile of such staff is described as under:
- Physical maintenance of records of the section.
- Carrying of files & other papers within the building.
- Other non-clerical work in the Sections/Unit.
- Photocopying, sending of FAX etc.
- Assisting in routine office work like a diary, dispatch etc. including on computer.
- General cleanliness & upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Delivering of Dak (letters) (inside & outside the building)
- Opening & closing of rooms.
- Watch & ward duties.
- Cleaning of the building, fixture etc.
- The dusting of furniture etc.
- Cleaning of rooms.
- Driving of vehicles (if in possession of the valid driving license)
- Work related to his ITI qualification (if it exists)
- Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
- Any other work assigned by superior authority.
Details related to the number of vacancies will be updated as soon as the official notification is released. Scroll down for SSC MTS 2018 important dates, eligibility conditions, exam pattern, syllabus, and more.