SSC CGL 2018 notification is to be released on 5 May. Keep a check on the official website.
04 May 2018: The Staff Selection Commission is expected to release the vacancy notification for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam 2018 on 05 May. The notification will include details of various posts. Like every year, this year also the exam will be conducted in 4 phases – Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4. The candidate who passes every tier will become eligible to be appointed on various posts in the Staff Selection Committee. Earlier, the notification was expected to release on 21 April.
SSC CGL 2018 Schedule
Tier 1 of the SSC CGL is expected to be conducted from 25 July to 20 August. Qualified candidates will have to appear in Tier 2 of the exam. Tier 2 will be tentatively held between 27 and 30 November 2018. There is no update on the exam dates of Tier 3 and Tier 4.
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for the exam, candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- The minimum age to appear in the examination is 20 years while the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- A bachelor’s degree (any discipline) from a recognised University is mandatory. Candidates in the final year of graduation are also eligible to appear in the examination.
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2018?
Candidates can apply for the SSC CGL exam 2018 online through the official website. Follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- A pop-up window will appear; select ‘CGL’ tab.
- Click on the link to apply for the SSC CGL 2018 exam.
- Complete the application form and make payment.
- Take a print out of the confirmation page.
The last date for online registration is 25 May 2018.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
Tier 1 and Tier 2 will be online examination with objective type questions. Tier 3 will be a descriptive paper where students can choose from English or Hindi language. Tier 4 will be a skill /proficiency test. Document verification will also be done in this phase.