ITI Admission 2022 - Application Process, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Seat Reservation & Result
Industrial Training Institutes operating under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, the Indian Government, offer vocational courses in various engineering and non-engineering trades. Admission to various ITI courses is made on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination or on the basis of the written/ entrance examination. The article here will list the eligibility, application process, pattern, syllabus, etc., for the ITI Admissions 2022.
As per the recent statistics, there are a total of 12,000 ITIs taken together in all states and Union Territories. 2,400 institutes are under the administration of the Central or State government, and 9,600 are private. 6 of these institutes offer special training for visually impaired students, and 3 institutes train students with special needs. Training is provided for 130 trades – 80 engineering and 50 non-engineering trades.
After completing the vocational training, candidates have to appear for the All India Trade Test (AITT) qualifying which they will receive the National Trade Certificate (NTC). The admission process for different states usually begins in June / July max by August.
ITI Admission 2022 Latest Update - The ITI admission process for 2022 will begin tentatively in May/ June/ July/August for different states.
Table of Contents
- ITI Admissions 2022 Highlights
- ITI Exam 2022 Important Dates
- ITI Exam 2022 Pattern & syllabus
- ITI Entrance Exam Pattern
- ITI Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
- ITI Exam 2022 Eligibility
- ITI Exam 2022 Application Process
- ITI Exam 2022 Other Details
- ITI Courses Fee Structure
- ITT Selection Process
- ITI Seat Reservations
- ITI Courses
- ITI Counselling Process 2022
- ITI Admission 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
ITI Admissions 2022 Highlights
ITI Entrance Exam
Exam conducting body
Respective State Boards of Technical Education
Purpose of exam
Admission to ITI courses
Mode of payment
Offline and Online
Minimum age is 14, No upper age limit
4 marks, No negative marking
Scroll left or right to view full table
ITI Exam 2022 Important Dates
The important dates for ITI admissions are as under:
ITI Admission 2022 Events
Important Dates (Tentative)
The online/ Offline application process begins
May/ June/ July 2022
The online/ Offline application process ends
May/ June/ July 2022
June/ July/ August 2022
Commencement of the course
Scroll left or right to view full table
ITI Exam 2022 Pattern & Syllabus
ITI Entrance Exam Pattern
The ITI entrance exam will have 100 multiple choice questions which have to be attempted in the duration of 3 hours. Questions will be asked from the following sections:
- Numerical ability
- Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
The entrance exam is generally held in the month of August in all states. Some states also conduct the exam twice a year – in April and August. The result of the August exam is generally declared in the month of September.
ITI Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus will comprise topics from class 8th, 9th, and 10th subjects. Candidates are required to prepare topics from Science, Mathematics, English, G.K., Reasoning.
ITI Exam 2022 Eligibility
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has designed the basic eligibility criteria for joining ITI courses. The following criteria are made in collaboration with the state government and Union Territories administration:
- Minimum educational qualification for various courses is from class VIII to class XII.
- The minimum age for the course is 14 years.
- There is no upper age limit for the exam.
- The upper age limit for widows or women separated from their husbands is 35 years.
- A relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit is offered for ex-servicemen and widows of servicemen martyred on service.
ITI Exam 2022 Application Process
Candidates can apply for the admission process online through the official portal of the state government.
- Go to the concerned state website.
- Register using a valid ID proof and mobile number.
- After successful registration, complete the application form.
- Submit the application after checking all the details.
- Make a payment of the application fee to complete the process
Application Fee -
General category – ₹ 250
SC/ST/OBC category – ₹ 150
Fee exemption is given to physically challenged, visually impaired, war widows, children of martyred/handicapped ex-servicemen, students referred by orphanages or juvenile correction homes.
ITI Exam 2022 Other Details
ITI Courses Fee Structure
- The ITI courses fee is generally less than the engineering courses.
- The fee for these courses ranges from ₹ 1000 to ₹ 9000 for engineering trades and ₹ 3,500 to ₹ 7000 for non-engineering courses.
- Candidates are required to pay an additional fee for hostel accommodation.
- The fee in government and private colleges is different.
- Reserved category candidates might get a concession in the fee.
- There is also a provision for paying the fee in instalments.
ITT Selection Process
- The selection for the ITI admission can be done on the basis of class XII marks as well as an entrance exam.
- If it is done through the former way, a merit list will be published for admission to various courses at different institutes in the state.
- If the entrance exam is conducted, candidates have to appear in the test and the merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ performance.
ITI Seat Reservations
Seats at every ITI are reserved for the underprivileged section of society.
- Seats are reserved for the students belonging to SC, ST, or OBC categories as per their percentage in the state’s or territory’s population.
- 25% of seats are reserved for female candidates.
- 3% reservation is offered for physically challenged persons.
- 10% reservation for dependents of Armed Forces personnel under four categories – children/widow of deceased/disabled ex-servicemen, children of ex-servicemen, children of those still on service, and ex-servicemen.
Candidates can choose from the following ITI courses:
- Craftsman Mechanic
- Tools and Die Maker
- Computer Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Computer Hardware and Network Maintenance
- Mobile Phone Mechanic
- Hospitality Management
The list of ITI courses is long, with a total of 130 courses. You can check out the institute’s prospectus for detailed information. With a large number of long-term and short-term vocational courses, ITIs offer a vast range of opportunities for students.
ITI Counselling Process 2022
Some states also conduct the counselling process for ITI admissions. The counselling is done via both online and offline modes. Those who are shortlisted through the entrance exam are required to appear for the counselling process. Seats will be allotted based on the rank of the candidates. The final seat allotment will be done after document verification. Candidates are required to carry the following documents during the counselling process:
- Passport size photograph
- Class 8th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
ITI Admission 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
ITI entrance examination is conducted for admission to vocational engineering and non-engineering courses. Here are the FAQs related to the ITI admissions:
Question: Is there an entrance exam for ITI admission?
In some states, the entrance exam is conducted, while in others, admission is made on a merit basis.
Question: What is the minimum age limit for the ITI courses?
The minimum age limit is 14 years.
Question: What is the upper age limit for the ITI courses?
The upper age limit is 40 years, and for some states, there is no upper age limit.
Question: What is the mode of application?
The mode of application is online.
Question: Do I need to upload any documents while filling out the application form?
Yes, you need to upload the scanned images of your passport-size photograph and signature.
Question: Will there be any correction facility in the application form?
Question: What will be the mode of application fee payment?
Online as well as offline.